Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Shield - CPPS rd 4

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Each round better than one before.After round 5 have you considered a rice crop probably be underwater till March!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I had a word with the staff at the catering stand and asked why didn`t they send guys up the isle to see if anybody wanted food / drinks ect, they would sell a lot more, they said " they all come here don`t they " I said NO because most of the guys are looking to see how a team that they themselves are going to go against to learn how to play better against them , They said " Oh we don`t know about that sort of thing " but if that`s how it is ? that`s not a bad Idea ?? will they do it ? I bet they don`t ??
and that`s the point I`m making here .. Of course I`m sure we all want food and drinks but we can`t for reasons of being called on the field , getting set to go on the field , or just getting involved with other things to do with the running the Team .. Or even knowing that there`s going to be a queue as long as your arm that takes for ever wondering if you`ll get back in time to play.
about half way in the walk through there could be another food stand , at least it would give a chance for those that don`t want to walk all the way to the other end, ( funny enough for a player it becomes a long trek ).

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Hi mate,

Doing either of those isn't possible for a number of reasons.

If I sent them walking around for orders in the pits, then it would take them half an hour before they got back to their pitch with the orders by the time people had stopped them - and then how do they find the people again afterwards? They might be on field playing etc, so what do they do then? Wait?

It's a maximum walk of 120m from the bottom of the staging area to the catering tent, all fields have a lunch break anyway of 30 mins, and most gaps between points/games is about 30/40 mins to also factor in.

Having something set up half way down the staging isn't practical.....space is tight as it is, then factor in queues as well - it would just get in the way. Do what I used to do pal - pull rank and send one of my team ;)

I don't know what other people found, but from my experience this weekend, there was nothing like the queues at round 3 and maximum wait was about 5 minutes. We purposely worked on a pre-order system for the refs so that this wouldn't back up the player's queue ;)

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
OK Ainsley, and thanks for the prompt reply, Pull Rank Indeed ha ha ha, I`m the only old fart the Care Bears have got ??

Reactions: Ainsley

noodles_adam

adam_bear_#06
Apr 12, 2013
Massive thanks to everyone down at CPPS for another awesome event. The div 4 refs were as always fantastic and helpful all day!

Great idea having a chrono on the field first thing to reduce the queuing at the station and huge thanks to the ref who spent all morning doing that, to help us all start playing faster.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
OK Ainsley, and thanks for the prompt reply, Pull Rank Indeed ha ha ha, I`m the only old fart the Care Bears have got ??
No no ! You are right !
We need hostess's, like then have on planes with a trolly down the isle. Business club class ones are fit, or better still first class bitches with swimwear ...
@Ainsley get on this...:love:

Care_Bears

Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
sounds good mate but this is at CPPS , how can they do this holding an umbrella to keep dry,
saying your gonna play at CPPS and there`s a Storm coming !!! was meant to be about the Team, Not taken Literally .