The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Sniper - LP or HP

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Hi guys

I currently have my Empire Sniper running on HP and it is fine - but my Clone VX works better on an LP set up.
So I was wondering, can the Empire Sniper run on LP too?

I'll forget that the guy from Kee told me that the Sniper ONLY works on LP and not with 4500psi bottles (I know, crazy - works fine with my 1.1l 4500 bottle on HP)

Cheers!

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
what does the pressure of the bottle got to do with it?

The regulator deals with that, the air coming out the reg into the marker donsnt care if your bottles 3k or 4.5k.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The HP /LP refers to the output of your bottle, HP normally about 850 psi, LP about 450 psi. For the empire sniper doesn't really matter which bottle you use since the vertical in line reg takes it down to about 250 - 300 psi before it goes into the marker. If anything it should work better with HP since then you are less likely to have recharge rate issues (not that you should have them anyway with a pump). Sounds like whoever you spoke to at KEE needs to learn their own products!

Some electros prefer LP since then the regs don't have to work as hard to get it down to the 100-200 psi they need but even with these it only needs a change of reg to run on HP.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Just stick a 0.8L 3K psi HP bottle on it - less bulky and still loads of shot capacity

A little fine tuning (sweet spotting) via the inline reg and IVG may help but not essential

Last edited: