Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire's response to the tippmann FT-12

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Probably old news to some but i seen this crop up today.

Empire claims a 15 second breakdown at their product description page HERE so depending on price, this might be the marker of choice for site operators just as the FT-12 hype was dying down. Personally i think its going to be a close call because although the new BT-4 is claiming a faster strip time and you don't need to remove the barrel, it does involve removing a pin from the body which could be a LOT easier to lose than the collar for the FT-12.

Discuss!

Last edited:

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The site where I occassionally work uses ft12's. Was down there today infact. I thought only the collar and foregrip were plastic. Heavy enough to be metal construction. Will have to have a close look when I'm next there.

Oh and the barrel is definitely metal and about a cm thick. Maybe thats a slight exageration but chunky doesn't even begin to describe it.

Reactions: Huffy

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Have checked and they are definitely metal for the most part. Trigger, collar, forgrip and some internal compnants but body 100% crappy cast metal.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Have checked and they are definitely metal for the most part. Trigger, collar, forgrip and some internal compnants but body 100% crappy cast metal.
I'd expect that purely to be a cost effective measure, after all the gun is sitting at something like a smidgeon over £100 RRP, so for trade price this is probably what keeps it right in line with the rest of the competition.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Well I thought I heard the guy say in the video it was plastic - but it looks like it's cast aluminium

Last edited:

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Got to shoot one of the Tippmanns this week and for a rental gun it was great to use. Quite heavy and solid feeling, quite a quick rate of fire with a gravity fed hopper, minimal chopping of paint and a barrel you could bend girders over. Didn't have to use the easy strip facility as none of the seven markers used had any issues that required any work.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Got to shoot one of the Tippmanns this week and for a rental gun it was great to use. Quite heavy and solid feeling, quite a quick rate of fire with a gravity fed hopper, minimal chopping of paint and a barrel you could bend girders over. Didn't have to use the easy strip facility as none of the seven markers used had any issues that required any work.
I'd have to agree now that I've seen them get a real test run by customers over a period of time, they just keep running as always. I don't know if its just the fresh new look making me imagine things, but i feel like they are much better shooters and very solid as you say. In addition they actually sit very comfortably in the hands and seem to be easy to hold with most shapes of customers!
I have this Bt Slice marker and its great. It was a replacement for my old bt4 combat and its great out of the box.
I'm yet to see one in the flesh, but I suppose it's just tried and proven technology! How have you found the disassembly? Is that pin easy to lose like it might appear or has it gave you no problems?