Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Employment law expert?

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Just want to pick someone with knolage on this brains,

Basically I'm being bullied by my employer to resign, now I intend to leave anyway but is there anything I can do to shove it to them??

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I'm not a legal expert but have some experience with employment law / staff issues

Most solicitors will offer a short consultation. Call a few and grab some time, they can help confirm your stance. Also consider contacting your local CAB, you might be surprised what they can offer

What will be key is to retain as much evidence of the bullying. So start a diary with the events, send any emails you have that help show this to your personal email, start to use BCC when sending emails. You can still resign and submit a case to Employment Tribunals.That is when you evidence will become critical

PM me if you want to share more details or have any further questions

Ty90

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 18, 2012
Northamptonshire
As Alex has said you're best bet would be to speak to your nearest CAB.
Chances are, if you really feel that your employer is forcing you to resign, and have evidence, you have a very good case for constructive dismissal. Whatever you do, do not bad mouth your employer in any way that can connect to them, ie don't put names or anything like that. Then you'll be in for a counter claim.
What line of work are you in? If you don't mind me asking

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
I work in a special needs school but I injured my back limiting the things I can do, they are forcing me Into a position were I will be forced to do things wich will hurt my back

Ty90

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 18, 2012
Northamptonshire
I work in a special needs school but I injured my back limiting the things I can do, they are forcing me Into a position were I will be forced to do things wich will hurt my back
Do you have a doctors certificate? And is your personnel management aware? You are allowed to refuse unreasonable requests. If you physically can't do it, they cannot force you to do so. Although, if they are aware, and still force you to do so, if you injure it anymore, you could go all American and sue them...

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I doubt that all the issues will be covered via forum posting, and may not be appropriate for you to publicly comment on your employer.

Fundamentally your employer has a duty of care for you and this can take may forms, but they do have to make sure they provide a safe working environment
  1. Are you an employee or contract worker via an agency?
  2. Did you injure your back at work?
  3. Was this reported to them?
  4. Have you had time off due to this?
  5. How long has these been going on for?
  6. Is being physically able required in your role / stated in your employment contract?
  7. Has your employer run occupational health assessment?
  8. Have you received training on how to lift correctly?
  9. Have they tried to adjust your work that allows your back to recover?
  10. Have they requested you meet with their appointed doctor / medical representative?
  11. Are you currently receiving treatment for your injury?
  12. Are you aware of any your colleagues being in similar situations?
  13. Are you a member of a union?
  14. Has your back injury meant that you cannot perform outside interests eg play paintball?
  15. Would your Facebook page support your assertion that you have a bad back?
  16. Have you posted any comments on Facebook or Twitter that could be extracted and present a negative impression of the situation?

Reactions: NSKlad
Jun 11, 2008
As said, gather evidence.
A word of warning on claims, the law has changed. Your solicitors costs now come out of your award. 25% for personal injury and up to 50% for other claims.