Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EPBF... So what is the EPBF?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Well, simply because nobody else other than the CPPS has applied to be recognised by the EPBF.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Well, simply because nobody else other than the CPPS has applied to be recognised by the EPBF.
Or that others haven't paid the required fees!

The whole ranking system is somewhat skewed by where and in which division you play, For instance, Snatch, who did well in the CPPS Race 2 events this year rank 39 places higher than Lisbon Benfica, who didn't do so well in CPL, does that make them a better team? No disrespect to either team, but I think a match-up might be an interesting one.

Reactions: woodworm

woodworm

Mar 4, 2009
Hereford
Soooo, it's just a case of pay the fees to epbf instead of ukpsf and the bigger over writes the smaller? Also are the requirements of the tourney any greater? ref FBI dude : I think it's just a case of bugs in the system where the points scoring and rankings are concerned. It's got alot of positives for players/teams to represent in europe just give it some time is all maybe?

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I'm a little unsure of where the UKPSF and/or "The FED" fit i to the structure.

As far as I can see, the major benefit of the EPBF rankings is for the trade/industry as a marker of performance and activity for teams applying for deals/sponsorship. If you can go to X trader looking for a deal and they say, what is your EPBF ranking, then they have an idea of how well you may represent their brand. If you do OK in your chosen league(s) and division then you get a good EPBF score, if you bomb, you don't. If you are struggling in your millennium division but are doing OK domestically, in an EPBF ranked league then you will have a decent ranking, this shows the trader that you are out there potentially representing their brand in a good light. As an example, Disruption haven't posted particularly impressive results in their first season of CPL, but have a good EPBF ranking bolstered by their results from CPPS. Therefore, they have a good potential to represent a brand in a positive light on a domestic scene, even if they are not a top international team.

If you look through the EPBF rankings you can probably find yourself a few examples, it's not so much an indication of the teams ability as their marketability.

woodworm

Mar 4, 2009
Hereford
So by that definition then surely if ALL tourneys in this country were to join EPBF then British teams would obtain greater sponsorship deals, as teams would be able to play 1 euro league and say 2 domestic maybe thus creating higher ranking points ?? if only it were that easy ;) ...

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
1 euro league and 2 domestic leagues, in a season that typically lasts from April to October, with a month off in August, so that's 2-3 events a month, plus training to ensure some results to gain points in the first place, any team who could afford to play that much, and train, probably wouldn't need sponsorship. However, I get your point, but I doubt that the sponsorship pool would increase, especially in these times when most of us take a year on year pay cut in real terms and therefore the customers of paintball companies, tournament organisers, et al, are suffering a spiraling reduction in their disposable income we should be thankful for whatever is available.

woodworm

Mar 4, 2009
Hereford
Yeah i hear ya, there's alot of pressure out there in the big wide world :( The tourneys are doing ok and things are still rolling along.... it would seem though that the advertising is more condusive to woodsball though atm. I appreciate a slight shift but if the UK is ever likely to really compete with more recognised teams other than the standard nexus, distruption line ups then the tournament scene hear in the UK can only keep taking knocks surely?