Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 1 still good/reliable enough to get back into walk on day paintball?

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
Hi, I have been out of paintballing since around 2010 when my daughter's arrived on the scene, and am keen to get back into playing at npf again once this lockdown over. I bought myself an etek 1 from new and it's been sitting in the loft for the last 10 years and had no issues when last used, but wondering if still going to be reliable and relevant today, or should I be looking to sell and putting cash toward say an etha 2. I am a sucker for wanting great but value (given life's other expenses) kit and don't want to start reusing my etek to find I soon start having parts issues and can't replace them economically. Sorry for the long post but hoping for some honest and considered advice. Many thanks

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Hi, I have been out of paintballing since around 2010 when my daughter's arrived on the scene, and am keen to get back into playing at npf again once this lockdown over. I bought myself an etek 1 from new and it's been sitting in the loft for the last 10 years and had no issues when last used, but wondering if still going to be reliable and relevant today, or should I be looking to sell and putting cash toward say an etha 2. I am a sucker for wanting great but value (given life's other expenses) kit and don't want to start reusing my etek to find I soon start having parts issues and can't replace them economically. Sorry for the long post but hoping for some honest and considered advice. Many thanks
As long as you can set the board to a compliant Fire mode and ROF cap youll be fine.

If the gun shoots then no problem.

As for selling it - i think youd be lucky to get £100 for it now so if a new gun is on the horizon id just pick it up / etha 2s are such good value anyway

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk