Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 2 Low First Shot Velocity Problem

sponge bob

THE FIRM
Apr 25, 2009
Manchester
just thought id post this here rather than via PM
unfortunately I could not advise you on how to fix the velocity problem as it never happened to me. The gun was working perfectly when I sold it to you, i never experienced any first ball drop off.
in regards to the PM you sent asking me asking for a refund or to pay for the repairs. I feel I am not responsible for a gun I sold to you a month ago as I dont know what you have done with it while you have had it.
If this problem had occurred the first time you had used the gun then I would have expected you to contact me straight away, in which case I would of happily given you a refund or paid for the repairs.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
My recommendation.

Strip and rebuild all parts / at least clean and regrease/oil as appropriate
Replace the rammer orings
Replace the battery.
Set the dwell to whatever stock setting is.

jmelech

Oct 11, 2009
sponge bob this was the first time I have used the marker and as such posted this thread to try and fix the problem without getting you involved, this has not been possible and so I messaged you regarding the problem and the steps I have already taken to attempt to fix this

stan I live in Lancaster but can travel if needed, why?

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
You haven't done the dreaded..grip screw into the solenoid trick have you...:tsk:
Set it all back to factory then try it...

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
You haven't done the dreaded..grip screw into the solenoid trick have you...:tsk:
Set it all back to factory then try it...
From the manual...
sympton Low Velocity First Shot
Possible cause DWELL parameter is too low to overcome
stiction on Solenoid and / or Rammer O-rings.

solution Increase DWELL parameter.
Page 40.

jmelech

Oct 11, 2009
there are silver marks from screws but none have caused a hole in the solenoid, there is no gas leaking at all, the marks are quite substantial and I have only removed the grip frame once to put in a fresh battery as suggested above as I had no reason to before