Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 5 anytime soon?

doogl2810

Nov 13, 2011
Dorset
Im looking at getting into some local walk ons and an Etek 4 looks like exactly what im after. My only concern is that I will go and buy one only for the Etek 5 to appear in the new year. Does anyone have any advice? Any views would be much appreciated.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
Im looking at getting into some local walk ons and an Etek 4 looks like exactly what im after. My only concern is that I will go and buy one only for the Etek 5 to appear in the new year. Does anyone have any advice? Any views would be much appreciated.
second hand ego over etek, alot quiter for a poppet and just a better marker :)

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
only real difference between the two ide say is the screen and the milling, no noticeable difference in sound.

the eteks have been out nearly two yr now so theres a possibly of a 5 coming soon. although i cant see planet sticking the air transfer on the etek just yet, will happily eat my words tho.....

doogl2810

Nov 13, 2011
Dorset
Thanks for the replies. Which ego would i be looking at second hand for the same sort of money as the etek?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Eteks are £380ish new - for that money, an Ego10 is easily available (I paid £300 for mine!!!!), and an 11 might be in play as well if you shop carefully. Ego9s are even cheaper at £280 or less!

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
only real difference between the two ide say is the screen and the milling, no noticeable difference in sound.

the eteks have been out nearly two yr now so theres a possibly of a 5 coming soon. although i cant see planet sticking the air transfer on the etek just yet, will happily eat my words tho.....
really? the etek's are hella loud!

doogl2810

Nov 13, 2011
Dorset
Thanks so much for the help! If anyone knows of any egos for sale please give me a shout, i have the funds waiting and im really keen to get playing!

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
In terms of loaders am i right in thinking that a that a rotor is the way forward?
all marketing and hype tbh, everyone is going to jump on and say rotor, spire, rotor, rotor. but they all do the same job, a halo or v35 will do the job at a slice of the price, you only need them to feed at 12.5bps which all electronic hoppers will do, its more of a fashion accessory nower days, same with PE makers, it seems to be all everyone wants

but................... that said i use a rotor.........................and an LV1 haha