Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 5 boring options?

Hunkulus

Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys.
Just wondering what you would recommend for boring sizes for an etek 5?
Is it gonna be cost effective to get a couple of backs for the barrel it comes with and how is compartiality with kits etc? If there was one bore size you'd go for what would it be?
I have a HDE marker so would also be nice to keep close to the colour scheme. Thanks.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
.684 and .688 are the two sizes I have used the most this year.

If you are willing it maybe worth buying a Shaft FR back with a couple of freak inserts. Or if you are not bothered about colour pick up a .681 and .685 shaft 4 backs.

Using a freak back will give you the most options for boring paint.

Reactions: Hunkulus

Hunkulus

Sep 17, 2016
.684 and .688 are the two sizes I have used the most this year.

If you are willing it maybe worth buying a Shaft FR back with a couple of freak inserts. Or if you are not bothered about colour pick up a .681 and .685 shaft 4 backs.

Using a freak back will give you the most options for boring paint.
Cheers buddy. Looks like the shaft freak back is the way to go.

Reactions: Banil

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Using the Shaft FR back you can stay within the eclipse eco system but make use of the freak inserts. Buy additional inserts or another tip when your budget allows.

RemcoV

Oct 9, 2016
I really like the FR back. The insert I use the most are .680 and .684. I shoot GI paint, mostly 3 star and those are pretty small. :)

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
freak inserts pop up on here occasionally but you would obviously require the correct back/barrel kit to use them which again occasionally show up here.
but this is the most efficient option as a full kit and back is about the same cost as 3 bored backs.