Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ETEK's?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
I shot a 100% stock e-tek on PSP ramp at NQ for two days an it was great, stood up with and against 07 egos. Its not as good as the 07 but for half the price your realy going ot have problems finding a better marker.

The tek is also lighter that the 05/06 with all the benifits of the 06 (minus the LCD) running at a lower dwell with a microswitch trigger.

I'd take the e-tek - in my opinion it even looks better than the 06.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
The tek is also lighter that the 05/06 with all the benifits of the 06 (minus the LCD) running at a lower dwell with a microswitch trigger.
Eteks have no exhaust valves so the dwell needs to be higher my 05 framed hybrid is 12ms and stock 06 is 8ms

Having said that the Eteks are a spot on marker for the price range.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
the etek noid, in an sl66 was running about 5ms i beleive

dont always belive what the software numbers say, its widely known that the dwells change from board to board (c.f. vritue, tadao et al, as well)

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
I know that the dwell alters from solenoid to solenoid but the sl66 is an ego and has an ego solenoid, the etek one is different and the fact that there is nothing to vent the gas from the front of the rammer means dwell needs to be higher on an etek over an ego

Or that is my take on it anyway

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I know that the dwell alters from solenoid to solenoid but the sl66 is an ego and has an ego solenoid, the etek one is different and the fact that there is nothing to vent the gas from the front of the rammer means dwell needs to be higher on an etek over an ego

Or that is my take on it anyway

wel, when an sl66 was run with an etek noid, it allowed lower dwells = better.

it certainly doesnt impact negatively on efficiency

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
They both seem as efficient as each other.

My bad didn't read the above post that way, was not aware that it had ever been done

(crawls back under rock)

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
having owned both an 05 and an etek, i prefer the etek :) ok me and the stock trigger on it dont get along... but i hated the stock trigger on the 05 aswell the leds take about 20 seconds to figure out so its not like no lcd is any reason to buy the 05 over the etek, unless you really are a lazy mofo

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
They both seem as efficient as each other.

My bad didn't read the above post that way, was not aware that it had ever been done

(crawls back under rock)
tbh, theme of this thread is ill informed posts.
at least if you're gonna offer an opinion base it with some background knowledge (not just you)