Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

[Etha] Severly inconsistent velocity

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
Note: I also posted this on PBN.

I've been going through my buddy's Etha that he recently purchased used. It was on my recommendation, since mine has been such an excellent budget shooter. This one however, has velocity issues with shots ranging between 190 and 450 fps.

The paint that I have isn't all that great, but my own Etha and Geo are only fluctuating around 10 fps with the same paint.

I've had the reg apart, and the plunger/spring were BATHING in grease. I cleaned all the old grease off and applied new (sparingly, I might add), but I didn't take apart the brass thingy on top of the velocity adjustment screw. Should I have done that?

Inside the gun, the previous owner has been using a strange non-Eclipse grease. I cleaned all the parts and applied Eclipse grease from my own tube. The o-rings looked fine, as far as I could tell.

I haven't had time yet to go and have it re-chronoed, but I thought I'd just put this out there to see if you guys have any advice. Should I break out the parts kit and replace all the o-rings?

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Hi

That's definitely strange our tech read this and was shocked that it does 450fps

Just checking you haven't re-bathed the reg in eclipse grease have you? It only needs very lightly coating in grease.

The tech would like you to take apart the ''Brass thingy'' and there should be a seal in there its possibly damaged on one side of the seal simply turn it over and use the other side
let me know if this solves it or not, If it doesn't you may have to send it in to us to have a look at.

Reactions: H

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
Thanks for the advice guys! :)
I'm having my plate a bit full at the moment, but I'll get back to you with testing results as soon as I can.

No, I didn't re-bathe the reg plunger in grease. :)
I applied it very sparingly.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Why not take yours and change the bolt over, test. Change the reg over, test.

Do that till you find problem.

(Just change one thing at a time)

What pressure is the air bottle?

I had a few problems with a high pressure thank. Put a fuel on and all good.

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
Why not take yours and change the bolt over, test. Change the reg over, test.

Do that till you find problem.

(Just change one thing at a time)

What pressure is the air bottle?

I had a few problems with a high pressure thank. Put a fuel on and all good.
Good ideas! I will do that. Thank you Sir! :)
I think all my tanks are HP, although this particular Etha came with a Fuel tank (that I haven't been using, since it isn't filled).

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
I had a few minutes free this morning, so I took the reg apart again, and flipped over the reg seat inside the brass part. Went out the back and fired a few shots.

THAT FIXED IT!
She shoots great now, with a variance of +/- 7 fps.

Thank you all for the help and advice! I really appreciate it, and my buddy will be a happy painter for sure. :)

Reactions: Spikerz and Bolter