Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

[Etha] Strange air leak with funny sound.

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
My buddy's Etha that previously had problems with inconsistent velocity (http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/etha-severly-inconsistent-velocity.174821/) has now developed a strange leak. Once aired up and after firing a shot, you can hear a slow, "farting" type noise.

I've had the gun apart and re-lubed everything there was to lube. When I'm firing the gun without the grip plates on, it sounds like the leak comes from the solenoid. I've had the solenoid off, and the seals looked fine. I applied a thin coat of Eclipse grease to them, but the sound persists.

The leak doesn't seem to affect performance in any noticable way however. The gun is still consistent over the chrono and shoots normally.

Check out the video - it is the funniest sound ever to come out of a paintball marker:

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
A thought just struck me: could it be that we're overpressurising the solenoid? The noise first appeared when we were adjusting velocity before play last Sunday. The gun was using the stock barrel (which we all know is HUGE), and the field paint here is really tiny (somewhere around .675 or so).