Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ethnicity in paintball??

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Now i don't want this to be taken as a racist thread and i want to clarify that from the outset.

It is just that to me, the vast majority of players are caucasian? correct me if i am wrong someone.

however i know that there are large populations of different ethnic backgrounds and people from countries afar living in Great Britain. I am not up on the spread of things but i believe places like Birmingham and such have a larger than average population of different creeds.

is it just that paintball does not appeal to anyone else other than us white folks??

i know this could be taken as a sensitive issue by some but it is not in anyway meant to be contentious. I was just thinking that there is a large market waiting to discover the beautiful game?????

thoughts anyone?

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
theres a lot of diffrent "race and creeds", as u put it, down at dartford

u know that was one of the hardest sentence i have ever had to think about before typing...this cood take some thinking to get the right words

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
Could it be that, sadly, in Western countries, any race other than white is under-represented in the demographic bracket that has an income high enough to play regularly? I certainly think so.
yo buddha im chinese and can afford to play paintball quite happily:rolleyes:
also i agree with the under represented bit but dont understand the demographic bracket part lol and about the income high enough to play regularly have you seen the bangladeshis and pakistanis in britain i do believe most drive around in either mercs or bmws and one bengali drives a caddillac and hes 24 so not having enough income is not the matter is my opinion

and to answer dustys post
different ethnic backrounds have differnt veiws on the world and as we all know the middle eastern and asian have a strict hierarchy in society and are strict with social behaviour also and i dont think pointing a gun/marker at sumone is ranked highly in social behaviour so mayb its the fact that most caucassions have more of a laid back approach

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
We have Hip-Hop. You have Paintball. We'll stay out of paintball if you take care of Eminem and Vanilla Ice, oh, and that bxtch Gwen Stefani while you're at it...
Thats the deal - take it or leave it.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
It's because young white males all have repressed violence and hatred, and paintball gives them an outlet for it. That and imperialistic warmongering and lynchings. Women of all races and any person with the remotest hint of melanin in their skin are intrinsically poor and peace-loving, and would be repressed, if not brutalized, by the young white males even if by some strange occurance they could A) afford it and B) find it within themselves to be aggresive or violent enough to "shoot" at other people. However, minorities may be allowed on the premises of a paintball facility if they are, say, parking cars or carrying players' bags, filling pods, that kind of thing. The only time a woman should be allowed into a paintball facility is to drop off the samiches, and then she must leave promptly. :rolleyes: :dodgy:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
....The only time a woman should be allowed into a paintball facility is to drop off the samiches, and then she must leave promptly. :rolleyes: :dodgy:
A man after my own heart Doc, I can't believe these wenches have the bare-faced audacity to even contemplate competing in our heartland.
I mean it's not as if they can truly compete anyway, they all run as tho they are trying to keep a biro between the cheeks of their ass and as for aggressive play, bejeeeezus, I have seen more aggressive koala bears.

Nah, they should stick to doing the dishes, making the beds and hoovering up behind us menfolk; I mean, this is what they are genetically engineered to do and if you don't believe me just go ask any of the Fat Ladies Charms for confirmation.

Signed
Alpha Male

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
yo buddha im chinese and can afford to play paintball quite happily:rolleyes:
also i agree with the under represented bit but dont understand the demographic bracket part lol and about the income high enough to play regularly have you seen the bangladeshis and pakistanis in britain i do believe most drive around in either mercs or bmws and one bengali drives a caddillac and hes 24 so not having enough income is not the matter is my opinion

and to answer dustys post
different ethnic backrounds have differnt veiws on the world and as we all know the middle eastern and asian have a strict hierarchy in society and are strict with social behaviour also and i dont think pointing a gun/marker at sumone is ranked highly in social behaviour so mayb its the fact that most caucassions have more of a laid back approach
Driving around in Mercs and Beamers is hardly indicative of economic power. It is rather a cultural indication. For instance, in mainland Europe, there are many people of North African heritage. Many of these live in the parts of our cities that are considered poor. Yet many of their younger manfolk drive the aforementioned cars. They don't however make a ton of money. In some cultures a car is an indication of your social standing, in the same way the wearing of gold jewelry is in others. Many of these young guys take up loans and work themselves to the bone to afford that car, yet at the same time still live with their parents. A lot of the white kids in the same neighborhoods, and within the same income brackets are happy to drive around in a bucket/hooptie(nice word for Missy Q)/jalopies. Although recently the trend is that people in the same neighborhoods are starting to blend with eachother, creating some sort of middle ground on which their cultures meet. Recently the happy medium seems to be kitted out VW's.... (I hate those)
So a what car you drive means very little...

I'll give you that many people of Asian origin have done well for themselves, but for every succes story, there is a bad story.
But you must agree that on avarage, ethnic minorities just don't fare as well in Western countries as the white majority does. Disagreeing with this is folly.
There are many social and historic reasons for this, but that is not the question being asked here, nor the point being discussed.