Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Euro 3

SI-Alex

...what the heck!?....

Was going on at the Euroball 3!?

1. Me or my team Syndicate Instinct is not involved in organisation of this event, we only played.
2. I tryed to collect some posts from the German forums to inform you a little bit what was going on/is going on there and all the rumors that are told.

a) Most of the Teams have been pissed of by:
-the organisation because of sittin around 9 hours not playing
-expensive catering
-small chrony station and small players area
-scoresheets for the semi finals, the orga has lost the scores of roundabout 100 games of the EB
-changing the "new rules" for the tournament the orga inveted for this event ( 20 times, don´t know how often they changed "their" rules)

-Only a few teams are really angry about the marshalls, but please notice that: The marshalls had been on field without getting drinks and stuff like that, 16 hours a day, two days long, only 30 minutes break (or 45 , don´t exactly know that), managing around 240 games the days. So please don´t blame them, blame the orga if you want to, as the orga told at the pricegiving.

b)Nearly all Teams are really really pissed of:
-paying between 600 and 800 € for their category and getting that bad organisation for their money
-not beeing told when they played
-getting some teams in the semis cause of "giving" up of some other teams in the semi qualified group

I don´t know really what was going on there, there is no official statement by the organisators until now, seems the website is currently down. Try contacting them for details if you want to.

Notice: Please please please guys, don´t think that all german events are a disaster like this! It´s definitly not a general thing! Most of the German events are hold very professional and good organisated.

From the German forums, MOST of the GERMAN teamcaptains told that they voted for cancelling this event cause of the scoresheetlosing in the TC meeting on sunday! So please don´t think that German teams had been giving an advantage in any case.

A personal thing:
Team Syndicate Instinct is feeling very very sorry for teams, that were kicked out the semis by that unexplainable scoresheet thing. We know you guys all put a lot of afford in getting in there. We know many of you are pissed of by the orga, the marshalls or whatever. But notice, we all had to fight with this. It´s not an excuse we know, but maybe it makes it a little easier for you to not blame any team if they got kicked into the semis (we were definitly not kicked in there, we´d been place second or third).

So, stop thinking about that event, it´s not worth!

Thank you for hanging around with us, playing hard an really really fair (nearly all games I saw), setting up something like a "playerscommunity", we´d been all sitting in the same boat, that made us very proud being there and made it a lot easier to deal with all the happenings. Thank you for making jokes about all that sh*t, was so much fun for us! :)

We hope to see you all again!

TEAM SYNIDICATE INSTINCT

Cheers, Alex

P.S.: All my posts are only personal sights of things, only if I´m especially talking for my team. So if you wanna blame somebody, blame me, not my team. THX!

SI-Alex

..sorry, mistake...

Uuups, sorry, I did not mean that the teams were not called for the fields! Sorry, that was a mistake.All teams were called for their games.

Many teams were a little f***ed up that they had no playing time given on their personal gameplans so that they could see when to play (like on the MS). That would in their eyes had been easy to tell them.

For example: Team Powertrip vs. Millenium
Game-Time: 9.45 Field 3

Sorry for my English ;-)

Cheers, Alex

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
from what ive heard theres alot of un happy ballers:( , not even having the game times on the plan is just plain stupid

SI-Alex

...gametime....

You´re right. In the German forums it seems that there is not only 1 happy team :(

Gametime was nearly the first thing not to shout about, there were many many other things going wrong.

I´ll try to keep you up to date of the German forums, please remember the things I post are not always my personal opinion, only of the majority of the German Forum-Posters.

Maybe you got posts from other non German forums with opinions to the EB3, would be nice if you could translate this, THX!

Cheers, Alex

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
EB PART 1

As arrived back from euroball tonite, want to say thanks to jersey warriors for the freak set, and to exodus for the other one. Hope you guys get home okay. And to Backlash and tigers for being there .

i thought the venue was superb and enjoyed playing the fields, apart from the rps one for somereason.

As Alex said there was quite a number of unhappy teams at the event

50 score sheets being lost (100 scores) at least. Also teams having been given the wrong scores ,

the new electronic score board was a nice idea but a back up plan - i.e a paper and pen would of been a novel idea, or maybe a huge scoredboard, rather then relying on computers. :rolleyes:

I dont blame Achim for things going wrong at the event, he had a very stressful time trying to please everyone . espically during the captains meeting on the sunday.Would not have liked to have been in his shoes.

The waiting time between some games took this piss we waited about 7 and a half hours, whilst the jeresy warriors waited nearly 11.

How many rule changes does there need to be. rules where you play in best of three. becuase of the huge **** Up they said we wont do that in the semis. whihc was nice so instead of getting 3 games to decide you only had one- screw that up or get F***ed by a judge youve got no change.

They then did change there minds and did a best of three for the finals, even though alot of the teams had gone home when they were on.

No times being on the game schedule was a pain in the ass.

im too tired to right anymore now will post up more later

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
also props to johan for entertaining us lots with some run through action:D :D

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
erm. for the actual scores i belive Achim will now spend a while trying to find out the results.

well exodus came 3rd in novice. after a replay had to be done. due to an error:eek:

pauly

Feb 5, 2003
jags return

As andy said we just got back from germany, long weekend
but good in hole.

The venue was excellent, the teams were good to play
Was going well untill the scores being lost which
sent the tournament into a BIG F**K UP!
seeing as they lost the scores, they had to use the scores they had to make an average,and teams went through on this basis.
This is where it got ridiculas. Due to the time that was lost
some of the marshalls had to go to catch flights, so marshalls of other fields filled in.The marshalls also decided to cut the semi finals games to 1 instead of 3. so u f**k up or get bad calls u are out, bit unfair but thats the way paintball seems to be.
oh well theres allways next year.:rolleyes:

Thanks to the other british teams, there was a rearly good atmosphere between the brits, thanks guys.