European smugglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
duffistuta said:
As an aside, do you think all the Americans working in the Middle East, Africa, Europe etc should also speak the language?
Yes I do! If you choose to immigrate (or "emigrate", more accurately in this particular case) to a country (and let us be clear, most (like, over 95%) of these people are not here on work visas or temporary worker status, they have "emigrated" permanently, just without telling anybody), you have an obligation to speak the dominant local language and adapt to the local culture to the extent possible. I wouldn't expect to sneak over the Mexico border, conduct all of my business in English, and then demand that the Mexican people "embrace" my culture for the sake of "diversity". Nor would I expect such treatment in any foreign nation, from the middle east to Antarctica. And even if I did expect such treatment, I'm fairly convinced that the governments of those countries wouldn't afford me that treatment. They'd probably tell me "Where do you get the nerve?!", and rightly so. It seems a uniquely "Western" idea that everyone with the notion is entitled to enter your country.

D

duffistuta

dr.strangelove said:
Yes I do! If you choose to immigrate (or "emigrate", more accurately in this particular case) to a country (and let us be clear, most (like, over 95%) of these people are not here on work visas or temporary worker status, they have "emigrated" permanently, just without telling anybody), you have an obligation to speak the dominant local language and adapt to the local culture to the extent possible. I wouldn't expect to sneak over the Mexico border, conduct all of my business in English, and then demand that the Mexican people "embrace" my culture for the sake of "diversity". Nor would I expect such treatment in any foreign nation, from the middle east to Antarctica. And even if I did expect such treatment, I'm fairly convinced that the governments of those countries wouldn't afford me that treatment. They'd probably tell me "Where do you get the nerve?!", and rightly so. It seems a uniquely "Western" idea that everyone with the notion is entitled to enter your country.
Don't diasgree with a word of that.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove

Don't diasgree with a word of that.

But it would be nice if it happened here in the uk.

Prime example of some of them taking the piss. Anyone remeber the story about that school girl who took her school to court because she could'nt wear her turban (not sure it thats the correct name).

Now c'mon. I don't mind religious people, i dont mind the occasional church go-er knocking my door telling me how great god is but, whati do object too is the mentality of some of these people. In thailand your asked to wear shoes most of the time, we do as we respect there culture, if you'd like to live in our country, play by our rules.....BUT NO we give!

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
I live in Birmingham, UK.

There's a guy that lives on my street. in the past 4-5 years, he has brought a total of 7 house, ON MY STREET. i think he also owns two properties nearby. How the F**k can ANYONE afford these? oh, and he doesnt rent them out, he gives them to members of his (VERY LARGE) family. there must be some loophole. theres noway someone can afford all that, after moving to the UK 6years ago.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
TheGurkha said:
I live in Birmingham, UK.

There's a guy that lives on my street. in the past 4-5 years, he has brought a total of 7 house, ON MY STREET. i think he also owns two properties nearby. How the F**k can ANYONE afford these? oh, and he doesnt rent them out, he gives them to members of his (VERY LARGE) family. there must be some loophole. theres noway someone can afford all that, after moving to the UK 6years ago.

You'll find i think its more in packastani (sp) families that they pool all there money together, that why they have 5house 18 corner shops 14 old merc 27 kids and the poor white ******* on the end of the street is on the dole.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
mikey601 said:
But it would be nice if it happened here in the uk.

Prime example of some of them taking the piss. Anyone remeber the story about that school girl who took her school to court because she could'nt wear her turban (not sure it thats the correct name).

Now c'mon. I don't mind religious people, i dont mind the occasional church go-er knocking my door telling me how great god is but, whati do object too is the mentality of some of these people. In thailand your asked to wear shoes most of the time, we do as we respect there culture, if you'd like to live in our country, play by our rules.....BUT NO we give!

I had a similar incident at the school i went too, but it was about out school uniforms, I went to a CATHOLIC school. but yes, they were alowd to wear their religious gear. wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.