Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
duffistuta said:
How do you know if he/she was British? Britishness and whiteness are not the same thing - there are plenty of black brits, plenty of white non-Brits.

As I said, that's the Pakistani family's fault how? If someone from Pakistan, or America, or France, or wherever, is legally allowed to live and work here, what's the problem?

There are 9 million or so Brits working in the US; the US has employment issues - best truck em all back here.

If there legally allowed to work in this country then there is no problem, i dont have a problem with them working here. All im saying is that take joe bloggs who has lived in his street for 40yrs and has witnessed 5-10 houses being taken up from people abroad, then seeing the local shops going, then restaurants, you think he might be a little pissed? Now he lives in a place wheres hes the minority but isnt viewed as a minority (hope that last bit made sense) EDIT ADDED: or treated as the minority

Im not sure if you have travelled much of the world but ive seen the differences in countries who let any tom, dick or harry in and with those countries who have standards. Like i said before it would benefit britain to take a leaf out of the Australian book

D

duffistuta

mikey601 said:
1. All im saying is that take joe bloggs who has lived in his street for 40yrs and has witnessed 5-10 houses being taken up from people abroad, then seeing the local shops going, then restaurants, you think he might be a little pissed? Now he lives in a place wheres hes the minority but isnt viewed as a minority (hope that last bit made sense) EDIT ADDED: or treated as the minority

2. Im not sure if you have travelled much of the world but ive seen the differences in countries who let any tom, dick or harry in and with those countries who have standards. 3. Like i said before it would benefit britain to take a leaf out of the Australian book
1. I live in a street which has folk who are orginally from at least a dozen countries, doesn't bother me at all - why would it?

2. Yes, I have.

3. Is that the same Australia that committed genocide on its original inhabitants and continues to treat them as second class citizens? That Australia? I'd find their immigration policies hilarious given the irony, if it weren't so tragic.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
mikey601 said:
If there legally allowed to work in this country then there is no problem, i dont have a problem with them working here. All im saying is that take joe bloggs who has lived in his street for 40yrs and has witnessed 5-10 houses being taken up from people abroad, then seeing the local shops going, then restaurants, you think he might be a little pissed? Now he lives in a place wheres hes the minority but isnt viewed as a minority (hope that last bit made sense) EDIT ADDED: or treated as the minority

Im not sure if you have travelled much of the world but ive seen the differences in countries who let any tom, dick or harry in and with those countries who have standards. Like i said before it would benefit britain to take a leaf out of the Australian book
whats joe bloggs problem if they are here legally buying property? is it the fact that he's too lazy to work hard, and make a better life for himself? Or the fact that he see's it as below his social status to do any of the ****ty jobs that many of these immigrants are forced to do because white middle class bigots wont give him a chance...

Im actually shocked...really i am.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Australia is one of the most closed minded societies around. They have just the same problems with race relations (internal and external) and is hardly a utopian paradise of intergration.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Plus, 90% of immigrants (and nearly 100% of illegals) work in jobs that these "joe bloggs" wouldn't even touch. So immigrant shop keepers that work 14hr days 7 days a week are there because they are prepared to work and see earning their own wage as a path to individual self worth.

Rather than going "I get enough for cigs and a pint on the dole and I can't be @rsed".

Did you see the impact of the American Immigrant strikes? public services stopped and the service industry couldn't function as there wasn't the people to do the donkey work that ordinary hard working Americans wouldn't do for the money.

Yet they don't get appluaded but vilified for doing stuff that we wouldn't anyway?

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
duffistuta said:
1. I live in a street which has folk who are orginally from at least a dozen countries, doesn't bother me at all - why would it?

2. Yes, I have.

3. Is that the same Australia that committed genocide on its original inhabitants and continues to treat them as second class citizens? That Australia? I'd find their immigration policies hilarious given the irony, if it weren't so tragic.

1, doesnt bother me either. On the other hand it nice and refreshing to go and see a (just for exmaple) little welsh village, just to take in what was and to look at was is, im not too sure which i'd choose. (please no welsh jokes im sure you english have the equilvlant)

2. Good, it always nice too :)

3. Australia has had its past, not a very good past and in no way am i saying its the perfect country, but just by being in that country for little over a month you can see the extreme difference in way of life and communities.

mario said:
whats joe bloggs problem if they are here legally buying property? is it the fact that he's too lazy to work hard, and make a better life for himself? Or the fact that he see's it as below his social status?

Im actually shocked...really i am.
Theres is no problem but slowly watching your communtiy get swamped by people from wherever would have an affect on you.

Ask the same question to people living on council estates in some parts of london when there a ratio of 1 british family to 10 iraqis etc etc

Dont kow what your shocked about really.

beaker said:
Australia is one of the most closed minded societies around. They have just the same problems with race relations (internal and external) and is hardly a utopian paradise of intergration
Like i said above Aussie land is no perfect country and im sure they have their problems, but from being there a little over a month you can quickley see the difference, no wonder a huge amount of british white and non white emigrate there.

Jeesh gang up a bit more :p :D ;)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
mikey601 said:
Of what being pushed outta your own back yard?
You couldn't make it up - what about the Aborigines then, i think they were pretty pissed when we turned up.

As for Aus, I have an Australian passport as well as UK so I know what exactly what it's like out there ;)

D

duffistuta

mikey601 said:
Of what being pushed outta your own back yard?
Seriously, if I have to explain that comment then I'm going to kill myself...look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.