Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Even more corporate!!!

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Sooooo, it appears the money grabbers at the top have pulled it out the bag once again and have now decided the best way to make our beloved sport more non-player friendly is to now charge for both the NXL and MILLS Streams of the webcast!
At least the commentators won't have to worry about explaining the different aspects of the game, who in their right mind is gonna pay to watch if they won't even bother to watch it for free?!
Now I for one will never pay to watch the webcast for two reasons.
1. British rail was more reliable to provide a working service than the webcast!
2. Social put the videos from the webcast straight on to Facebook literally as soon as they have been played out!

I don't know what they are thinking, but if they are wanting to kill the sport off by turning it corporate, they are going the right way about it!

FML!!!

Attachments

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I happily pay for the webcasts, but...8 bucks a month. 96 a year, ehhhh. That seems a tiny bit steep.

Reactions: Richiemonk

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
I think it just defeats the object when social bang the videos straight on to FB as soon as he match is over!

Like you say though spikerz, $96 a year for a crappy stream is extortion!

Reactions: Spikerz

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
I won't be streaming them anymore then. I enjoy putting it on while I can but as its a full two day event, I generally cant (unless the weather is terrible) justify sitting there and watching it all. Plus as Richie said it's so unstable you only see half of it anyway.

Reactions: Richiemonk

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I rarely watched any last year, weekends aren't the best time for me to sit down for a handful of hours!! I have other real life stuff to be doing sadly so there's no way I'm going to pay to not watch something.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
$8 a month adds up, will have to see what the additional content you get is like. There was talk of the paintball university and some big game weekends being available too.

I'd prefer for viewers to pay a small fee to watch it than (my understanding) of the current method, which is part of each team's entry fee goes towards the costs, plus some sponsors (which would ultimately be passed onto the players too).

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I almost never bothered watching the MS, didn't find the presentation enjoyable or entertaining.

Paid to watch the PSP and the NXL a number of times when I was around although I'd often watch it tape delayed the days afterwards. I enjoyed their presentation and preferred to watch the US teams and the way they play. It was easily worth 10-15 usd or whatever.

With this new gosports thing, what's preventing me subscribing for a month at a time when an NXL event it on?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So I got a subscription. It's pretty decent. TONS of videos. Basically every game from all the NXL and Mills. Plus the Paintball University stuff. 1080p HD quality on all of it. Which is pretty cool.

Reactions: alexd

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I've paid...do I think it's VFM, well it will depend. found the best way to watch a stream was to add my own delay, by setting 1-2 mins behind live. That seemed to help remove the buffering challenges

I've paid for the webcasts since they switched to a pay-per-view model. Aside from believing I am supporting this, I don't want to ever return to the old skool way of watching games, either be there, wait for DVDs or uploads to YouTube etc