Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Everyone loves a pump...

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Had my new 'cocker pump out at the weekend at the Jason Wheeler Clinic. Amazing how many people comment or want a quick look/shot or two.
Even Jason, a pump virgin, had a few shots and was amazed at how accurate it was - he even said he was tempted to join in with a pump team at world cup next year...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
But, a pump is no more accurate than any other paintball gun shooting a reliable velocity.

This is true, but it was a cocker pump. Cockers were mysteriously more accurate than anything else.

Plus you concentrate more when pumping. At least I do.

Ahem.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I'll go with the fact that you concentrate and pick your shots more when using a pump but all that bollocks about cockers being more accurate was just that. The only (tiny) differentiator is the fact that as they are closed bolt, the shot happens before any of the cocking/recoil action so there may be a tiny amount more perceived stability. Heard so much crap over the years about certain guns shooting flatter, more accurate, whatever, hell it's all a bunch of snake oil. I'm sure there must be a decent amount of crossover between paintballers and those that spend big money on 'high performance' audio cables...

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
All old markers were more accurate, summers were warmer, it always snowed at Christmas.......

Reactions: H

Fanta

Good As Gold
Mar 29, 2011
stratford upon avon
I'll go with the fact that you concentrate and pick your shots more when using a pump but all that bollocks about cockers being more accurate was just that. The only (tiny) differentiator is the fact that as they are closed bolt, the shot happens before any of the cocking/recoil action so there may be a tiny amount more perceived stability. Heard so much crap over the years about certain guns shooting flatter, more accurate, whatever, hell it's all a bunch of snake oil. I'm sure there must be a decent amount of crossover between paintballers and those that spend big money on 'high performance' audio cables...
you'd be suprised how much of a difference a higher quality cable makes, in audio that is. but anyway , back to cockers!