Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Everyone loves rotors but do I need one?

r3venant

Mar 20, 2014
Hi,
Looking to buy some paintball equipment (noob here) and people recommend the Rotor a lot, but do I really need one? I am prob going to buy a used Ego 10 and im looking for a hopper that would suit but not cost the earth. Any advice?
Cheers

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No you don't need the rotor

The basic family tree of hoppers is:
Gravity fed
Gravity fed with anti jam tray
Agitated
Force fed

You will ideally want a force feed hopper - which is what the rotor is, but the majority of the current ranges of hoppers are force feeds
My preference is the Halo Too

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
Any hopper that can keep up with your marker is good. The things price affect really are the size, weight, durability, and aesthetics of the loader. Youll find they all feed really well as its what they're designed to do

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I use a Rotor as my main hopper, and have several reloaders / halos in the cupboard and as backups.

A Halo or Reloader can be got for £20-30 and will feed a Ego with 10BPS reliably. The only reason I have for using the Rotor over the others is the simplicity of maintainence and the very long battery life. And I can get Rotor shells in cooler colours, which is obviously very important indeed...

RusRuss

Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Nope, you don't NEED a Rotor. There are many loaders out there that will load paint at a reasonable speed and for less money; and if you're capped on your BPS, what more do you need?

That being said, I have one. They're very strong, very reliable, a piece of piddle to take apart and the batteries seem to last forever.

As said above, it comes down to your budget, the shape and weight your after and all those kinds of things. Aesthetically they very nice and have a low profile.

Like I said, do you need one? No. Do I recommend one? Yes.

r3venant

Mar 20, 2014
The thing is I am a lazy person, look how long it took me to reply to this thread! I like the idea of low maintenance and easy to take apart. Is there any other cheaper loader that has that as well?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The other thing is - how much maintenance does a hopper really need?
Primarily it's cleaning off paint on the outside and changing the batteries.

Unless you get a paint break inside the hopper, I can hardly remember this happening to me and I was able to deal with it without the need to strip down.
I have dismantled hoppers in the past so it would be easier to press a button and pull apart the shell, but it was not a hardship to unscrew some bolts and then put them back

Reactions: beanbag83

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You can pick up an empire prophecy now for not much more than a halo sometimes. They've got quick clean shells too and I like mine for the higher capacity than most other loaders.

r3venant

Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, been looking at the prophecy's. Does anyone have an idea of what a Prophecy with a Z2 upgrade board would be like? Any good?