Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Evolution of Humans

Kem

HEADSHOT
Dec 16, 2008
S****horpe ... gah
I always susepcted I was waaaay ahead of the evolutionary curve and now your comment above confirms as much....much appreciated Jay!
I didnt think that waxing and head polish were things darwin took into account when he thought up natural selection

Ozzie

Mugged by a muppet
Nov 9, 2008
Irlam....Arse End Of Salford
evolution

I'v done a touch of research of the internet (so this may well be wildly inacurate lol) but evolution is still on going.
My example is that I'm only a lowly 5'7" but a few 100 years ago i would of been a veritable giant.
Although most of you would say this is due to diet what about the fact that diet of the well off got worse from the period of roman occupation toward the middle ages that average hight of a person still increased.
Maybe we're missing the point slightly, that evolution is jut trying to change us graduly rather then suddenly as if it all happened tomorrow, someone might think it would be a bit weird that they have just given birth to a 6 foot tall baby.
Maybe what we're up to now, with respects to creating stuff to make our lives longer and easier, is evolution just the next stage of it.
How can we know what evolution is when we havnt been around long enough to know what the hell is going on.
Maybe the world is only 6000 years old, maybe Douglas Adams was right when he said some one made the planet and only planted the bones and bits of animals from millenea ago.

We cant be sure of anything so how can we make our minds up at this juncture, that is a downfall of the human race, not actually having enough evidence but still making up our minds.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I wonder then, along these lines of thought, if we'll become increasingly working class over generations. Now, class isn't exactly a genetic feature (though some have argued that genetics influence class), but there are certain distinct differences in lifestyle that could have an effect over the timescales we're talking about here. Assuming that class structure doesn't radically change, and that there continues to be a greater population of the proletariat (notoriously baby-happy) than the bourgiousie, then will be become more "working class"? Wildly theoretical and loosely connected you say? Well, I'm trying to avoid writing an essay.

Ozzie

Mugged by a muppet
Nov 9, 2008
Irlam....Arse End Of Salford
Well, I had a teacher at college who was rather out spoken when it came to this...I thought it was slightly funny at the time but it actually isn't when I think about it.

He thought that the human race was splitting into 2 separate species. He suggested that one was all the chavs and scallies and that kind of thing...the mindless idiots and all that. And the other, more advanced, intelligent people were the other species. He also suggested that the less intelligent would become for lack of a better term, worker bee drones.

Mind you, David Icke reckons anyone in charge is a lizard person...suppose that means you Robbo!