Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Evolve kit/Angel, help needed, :(:(:(:( *grrr*

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Dskize said:
if I remember correctly you have to add shims untill the lpr reads 100 psi and then use the kit to drop it to 50 and im pretty sure this was quite vital to the process ..cant say i understood why though
You are very much correct, you must use shims to get the LPR up to 100 psi before dialing it down with the newton adjuster (because of the way the newton adjuster interacts with the angel LPR it's necessary). That could be why your marker ain't firing and/or the leak. If there's any threaded parts on the LPR adjuster that don't have thread sealant on them, that could be your leak. And yeah, I'd always recommend using the parts the kit came with too (springs, and that). To check your reg pressure, you can use the LPR tester kit on the valve side of the marker (just screw it into the other tube, and I think you'll need a higher pressure gauge). Don't forget to regrease all the o-rings on your ram and LPR before putting them back in, and follow proper procedure for adjusting your ram stroke (should all be in the manual: www.wdp.tv/manuals)

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
i have some spare shims and an angel tool kit and will be at quadball on monday:Dif you still need it;)
To check your reg pressure, you can use the LPR tester kit on the valve side of the marker (just screw it into the other tube, and I think you'll need a higher pressure gauge).
yes thats how i done it,had to use the guage from my reg as the one on the tool kit only went up to 160psi

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
dr.strangelove said:
You are very much correct, you must use shims to get the LPR up to 100 psi before dialing it down with the newton adjuster (because of the way the newton adjuster interacts with the angel LPR it's necessary). That could be why your marker ain't firing and/or the leak. If there's any threaded parts on the LPR adjuster that don't have thread sealant on them, that could be your leak. And yeah, I'd always recommend using the parts the kit came with too (springs, and that). To check your reg pressure, you can use the LPR tester kit on the valve side of the marker (just screw it into the other tube, and I think you'll need a higher pressure gauge). Don't forget to regrease all the o-rings on your ram and LPR before putting them back in, and follow proper procedure for adjusting your ram stroke (should all be in the manual: www.wdp.tv/manuals)
Yeah I readjusted the ram stroke as soon as I'd put the hammer back in

Right...it was firing before I put on the longer volumiser, so I took it off and put the stock parts back in...the leak stopped when I adjusted the small volumiser back in...

Still won't fire though.
There's 1000psi left in the bottle but it normally fires, at least weakly, until the bottle's empty...there's pressure in the marker but it just won't fire off

I am considering putting it in a box & sending it off :( but I'll have a teammate look at it first.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
baker21 said:
i have some spare shims and an angel tool kit and will be at quadball on monday:Dif you still need it;)
yes thats how i done it,had to use the guage from my reg as the one on the tool kit only went up to 160psi
I think I will be at quadball yeah, thanks :(

I've got a spare reg gauge so I'll have a go at that on monday

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
short of airing up the marker you have to turn the gun on turn off the eyes and listen for the click

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Rosie said:
Right...it was firing before I put on the longer volumiser, so I took it off and put the stock parts back in...the leak stopped when I adjusted the small volumiser back in...

Still won't fire though.
There's 1000psi left in the bottle but it normally fires, at least weakly, until the bottle's empty...there's pressure in the marker but it just won't fire off
If you've only got the LPR adjuster installed and it's still not shooting, it's more'n likely your LPR pressure is too low. You need about 6 shims to get it to 100 psi (each shim represents about 5 psi, as I recall), and the LPR adjuster will only operate correctly if the stock LPR is adjusted to 100 psi. You've got enough air in your tank for test shooting anyway, so that's your problem I'd bet. Get hold of the spring you need and a bunch of shims and you should be pretty well up and rolling. Meantime, if it's gonna be a while before you get that all sorted, you can pop your old hammer and internals back in there and it should be fine. Oh, and I wouldn't worry about your 'noid. It's not getting enough pressure to fire, so it's probably not at any danger of blowing up ;) Check to make sure it still clicks when you pull the trigger.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
dr.strangelove said:
Oh, and I wouldn't worry about your 'noid. It's not getting enough pressure to fire, so it's probably not at any danger of blowing up ;) Check to make sure it still clicks when you pull the trigger.
Dskize said:
short of airing up the marker you have to turn the gun on turn off the eyes and listen for the click
It does click, phew ;).

I haven't ever done anything to it, I remember hearing they come stock at about 65 so I'll presume it's that & put 6/7 in.

Edit: I read his instructions again & he thought that too, but only needed 4. H'okay, 4 shims & a spring & it should be allright :).

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Demonic it wasn't a hint I was sorted oiut by Neil at Quadball who let me use his tools & some shims :).

Springs came today John, thankyou v much :).