Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Excalibur vs. Ir3

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Just one correction the Excal can be set to 20bps without a problem with a HALO B. Electro-cockers eat ya heart out. . .true electro closed bolt! ;)

Looking at it this way I reckon the Viking and Excal are 2 of the best designed markers available, if you ever get chance pull one pieces you see what I mean. This means they are probably the most reliable marker you could ever own! To maintain either all you need to do is drop a couple of drops of oil on bolt and into your air reciever and dry fire. .. . thats it. . .nothing else!

The Viking can bet set to stupidly quick ROF i.e. 30bps with a HALOB.

I'd personally have either a Viking or Excalibur over any angels (well i did sell an Angel to buy a Viking! :D ). If you go for a Viking instead of an IR3 you save I think about $500 which ain't bad!

Steve

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
yep you can walk the trigger. . . always have been able to. . .just need to set the trigger up right :) or get the stick trigger for even easier walking!

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
and just so you know the excal/viking trigger has 3 points of adjustment, forward and backward travel and switch activation point. Also when you set the trigger up remember to trim the spring down for a lighter pull (especially good for walking), don't worry if you trim it to far just replace it with a spring out of a biro or some people actually them out completely!

p8ntslinger

Pie eating mid player.
Nov 4, 2002
I don't know.
Visit site
Originally posted by steve_e
and just so you know the excal/viking trigger has 3 points of adjustment, forward and backward travel and switch activation point. Also when you set the trigger up remember to trim the spring down for a lighter pull (especially good for walking), don't worry if you trim it to far just replace it with a spring out of a biro or some people actually them out completely!
What is a brio?

I need an England to English translation.

shifty

in fear of a codding
Aug 10, 2001
the puppets lair
definately not the ir3!!!

i agree with jules!!!;) , but out of these two i would choose the excalibur/viking over an ir3. whenever ive used ir3s they have either chopped alot, even with cops and other people i know with them have them keep breaking on them.
:p

Micah

Most of the problems with cops stem from people not knowing how to properly set it. Most of the time when an Angel breaks alot of paint, it is user error, ie the user played with something they should not have palyed with.

True some times a bad angel will make it out of WDP, but I have found the quality of thier QC and customer service to be very high.

But I agree, I would pick the Excal over an IR3 too. That is of curose unless WDP wanted to offer me some sort of sponsorship deal :D :D :D

-Micah