Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Excalibur vs. Ir3

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
This question has been asked in a few AKA forums, the general consensus that as the Excal is closed bolt the firing operation is a little more stable and as such has slightly tighter groupings at longer distance.
However the Viking is a whole lot faster being open bolt. With the new software out the ROF can be set up to 30 bps :eek: :D

Regards to efficiency the Excal is slightly more efficient (the Viking gets around 2500 to a 68 4500) Consistancy wise both are excellent.

Paul.

....did I mention I have a viking for sale?? ;):D:D

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
ooops

Sorry mate, totally forgot:rolleyes: Thats you and Buddah I forgot to say hi to:rolleyes:

No doubt ill catch ya at the euro indoor next feb:cool:

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by le-pig
between the excal and viking wich is more accurate
and is the price differance justified:confused:
The main difference between the Excal and Viking is the Excal is a true closed Electro, where as the Viking is open bolt. The differences then go into the components that are used to built them, that being the Excalibur has 2 Soleniods and 2 rams where as the Viking has 1 of each. They are both based on the same body, with just minor differences.

The bolts on the Excal are slightly different to the Viking having a 3 'o' ring Delrin design, the Viking is 'o' ring-less.

The other difference is that the Excal can cycle at lower pressure than the Viking roughly 10 psi lower so is even gentler on paint.

Being closed bolt in design the Excal is more difficult to feed at higher rates without a force feeding hopper i.e. Halo, since the bolt has to cycle at the set bps each time. So if you set it to 18bps the hopper must feed a ball into the breech within 1/18th of a second.

As for accuracy etc. this will be argued by everyman has his dog of whether closed bolts markers are more accurate than open bolt markers. With the Excal running the bolt at a lower pressure this reduces the kick and probably helps improve stability when shooting.

There ya go!

Steve

ps.. .For prices see below link :D