Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EXL Sportsmanship...or lack of it

Paul...

Not for 1 second do I think that they do anything even close to what people call cheating. And having watched them give clinic after clinic in Paris you can't help become more amazed. Yes I got to see them 18 times in 1 hour (16-0 plus two games when the clock ran out at the end of the halves :() and they are by far as close to amazing as any team out there - because they win by doing it clean.

But what I am trying to point out is - that no matter how much we want to believe that they are 100% squeeky-clean (and one more time - for the record - I think they are) we as "outsiders" to their team can never be more than 99.999999% sure.

goose

Which begs the question, why even talk about it or mention it?

When you see em cheat, post it to tha heavens, when they get penalised, do tha same... until then, leave it, cos all this questioning really does is show that a lot of people are insecure about their own moral standpoint.

:p

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
I think the distinction needs to be made in this debate between planned deliberate cheating, and mistaken/unintended infractions of the rules.

I don't think from what i have seen and heard about the teams at this event and previous ones, that any teams or a significant number of players plan to cheat.

With the possible exception of the russians the teams, players and coaches are making errors as a result of the new format's stress and presure, and this is leading to the fouls. Think about rugby, conceeding a foul is not concidered bad sports man like, meerly bad skills, to be worked on as part of their game.

I can't wait to watch some of these games, hopefully i won't have to wait until campaign. Actually has anyone got any video footage of the matches? Or is it still in the editing suite being bleeped. :D

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Unfortunatly Steve, don't expect to see any EXL footage any time soon. Because of possible deals for television rights that might be in progress, the public is not allowed to film the events and publish the footage. The exception to this rule is teams filming thier own games for reference/training purposes, but the rules state that they are not allowed to distribute the footage.

It's a pisser but the same applies with the NXL too. The only vids i have seen of actual NXL games were from the very start of the season when the sanction was not fully in place. The only extensive XBall footage that is out there has been of divisional XBall (like the rather poo Orlando DVD) and stuff filmed of the Nations Cup games. Both of which are not covered by the same restrictions.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
trying not to get dragged in but...

Originally posted by goose
Now I am going to write something – and Pete don't get pissed and ban me because this is not meant as a flame on RL (just so you are warned :)) – everyone says that RL are the cleanest, they don't condone cheating etc. etc. etc. (personally I believe this to be true also). BUT if they practice so much, maybe they have just perfected the art of "getting away with things". Now let me say one more time - that I don't think this is the case (if they where that good they could make money in Vegas doing magic) but it is just one other way to look at it.

goose
Hey Goose, apologies for delay I been head banging my way round NTL's broadband fault reporting service trying to get my PC internet connection repaired....so for any prospective customers for NTL...DON'T SIGN UP WITH NTL !!!
If you love wasting hours on the fone talking to some frikkin machine getting absolutely nowhere, then sign up with NTL.....gggrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:
If only I could get NTL"s chairman in the ring for just two minutes, I would play thousands of pounds for that I swear !!!
Have now gotta frikkin get me dial-up modem outa the loft to connect :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I spoke to Sergey re his training program for the Legion and one of the things he talked about was cheating, he correctly identified 'players in the penalty box' as being crucial to whether teams win or not.
To make sure his players are aware of this, while his team trains, they have judges just waiting for any of the players to play on, (even slightly) and that player (during training) is given an immediate 5 minute penalty.
This way he says, 'makes sure my players know to pull themselves off as soon as they are hit'......
I hope this little insight answers your question.
Sergey is the consummate professional !

PS NEVER SIGN UP WITH NTL !!!!!!!