Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
I have an extremely important question that i just cant make my mind up on.

I have just sent my marker for re-anodizing like this....
marker is like this but polished, also i have ordered a full set of white pads / grips
564535_1410551852516529_467627718_n.jpg

but now i need a matching hopped i was thinking white/orange spire, but i do like to built proof rotor only problem is there all black and i dont want to air brush an hopper because you take a few hopper shots and it chips.

hopper choice
1111111.jpg index.jpg

i have to order tomorrow to guarantee delivery for the spire as there is no white/orange in the uk.
Let me know your input plz

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Hmmm well first off you need to get picks up of your marker ASAP as I'm curious as to how it will look ;-) spire looks awesome. The dye would look ok... Can always hydrodip it to match? Airbrushing doesn't chip easily iirc as they laquer over it to protect it

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Airbrush it and use some Dupont Hardener and Laquer, take more than paintball to mess that stuff up. buy the stuff from any Car Paint suppliers, CAF and I think even Halfrauds sell it although not Dupont stuff.,

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
Airbrush it and use some Dupont Hardener and Laquer, take more than paintball to mess that stuff up. buy the stuff from any Car Paint suppliers, CAF and I think even Halfrauds sell it although not Dupont stuff.,
yer two pak paint system, but paint don't stick to plastic that good, list air brushed hopper are just wall hanger i will be using it every week.
i will look into it, some feedback from ppl that have had it done and used the hopper would be nice

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
It'll be fine, just sand the casing a little bit, use plastic primer ( remember a lot of car parts are ABS plastic ) Paint it / airbrush it, one coat hardener and two coats lacquer and it'll look mint and very very strong, need a compressor to use the paint though and a gun for it, can't buy it in cans or anything. even so airbrush it and take it to your local garage and ask them to do it, be cheaper than buying the hardeners which is about £30 plus vat for 0.5 litres as a standalone purchase.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
You could get your rotor (or spire for that matter) hydro dipped... Much harder wearing than painted and lacquered...

Insurgence designs on FB do it, or there are numerous people who will do it if you ask in the right places :)

As for choice, I'd go with what you prefer. If you're lucky enough to get a a chance to try both you can make a more informed decision...

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
You could get your rotor (or spire for that matter) hydro dipped... Much harder wearing than painted and lacquered...
Insurgence designs on FB do it, or there are numerous people who will do it if you ask in the right places :)
As for choice, I'd go with what you prefer. If you're lucky enough to get a a chance to try both you can make a more informed decision...
i have used a spire and had nothing but problems but ppl are now reporting that the newer one are all debugged. but we all know the v3 rotor is bulet proof. i think i will go with a spire and look into dipping/painting in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.