The Home Of European Paintball

F A O All Teams (poacing Players)

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
john j

Yes thats very fair , you have got to do wats best for you at the time i agree, but would you of tried to take a couple or three other member with you ? and then P/M players that you dont even know but have heard good things about and now they have joined your old team try to pry them away ?

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
paul

i agree mate my point has been made and so has many other peoples opinion no more will be said on the issue.
:rolleyes:

GEORGEMANOLI

I'm answering because when you take the personalities out of the equation this is a good thread.

I personally believe that if you have players leaving in that number you have a fundimental problem somewhere else other than on the field.

As you can imagine K2 players are regularly approached by other teams and we are completely open with each other about this.

We are a strong team because we talk about any issue thats affecting our play, organisation or prospects. Nothing is out of bounds and nothing is taken personnally.

JJ

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by JohnJ
I'm answering because when you take the personalities out of the equation this is a good thread.
You're right, it is an interesting thread and it is something that as paintball grows we may have to look into more closely.

Rushers and Banzai being 2 teams that I can think of that suffered from people going elsewhere, but then that was a whole different kettle of fish. I'm not totally convinced about contracts but then I'm in paintball for the fun as well as the competition.

As to the rest, to be honest I don't think unless you're involved you'll know the full details, lets just say I know of 3 'reasons' why Steven09's message above is incorrect, and I'm one of them!

Saying that I don't want laundry washed in public either. Juds frustrated because after getting put into a hole when the team split and digging ourselves out he feels that some people are trying to kick dirt in.

Maybe he's right maybe he's wrong that shouldn't be the issue anymore, I think we should go back to the interesting issues this thread does raise about how teams can keep their players.

Transfer season anyone? Contracts? Public Beatings for people leaving teams mid-season?

Lets dump the feelings and get something worthwhile out of this
:D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Originally posted by Paul_collier

In fact the only poach that was annoying was 'little stoney' leaving for Nitro I aint gonna bring up the dirt I'm sure i've posted
yeah, but im sure you had a sly chuckle when he left them after two weeks.......!!
you remember the trainin at marchbrook with the fire and the stretcher? lordy!!!

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Cook$
yeah, but im sure you had a sly chuckle when he left them after two weeks.......!!
you remember the trainin at marchbrook with the fire and the stretcher? lordy!!!
Lordy indeed!! :D

I sill have pictures of the wreckage!!! :D

Now that was fun night!! The rope swing was fun n all!!

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
top stuff. especially when i fell over that fence. and when that can exploded an almost killed ya!!!! and when i was too drunk to figure out how to get into your car........

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by JohnJ
It's not easy for any player to leave a team but ultimately you have got to be a bit selfish and decide whats best for you.
I was the captain of Dyehard when K2 asked me to join and it took a couple of weeks before I plucked up the courage to make the move.
They are both great sets of lads but I felt my game would improve when thrown in the mix with a younger team and thats been the case and I'm enjoying paintball even more.
The main thing is that you should have the common courtasy to speak with your team prior to moving.
Anyway Dyehard soon managed to get two or three players to replace me:rolleyes:
Couldn't agree more thats exactly how I felt.

Cooks, damn right I did lol :D :D :D

Paul