Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Favourite Movie Of All Time?

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
I'm unsure as to why there was a massive bottomless pit in the middle of Sparta? Presumably purpose built for pushing Persians into? :S
I did wonder that. And the whole place must have smelled so bad. What with the pit for throwing mis-shapen babies into and the pit full of rotting persians. Not nice. :eek: :eek:

Katx

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I did wonder that. And the whole place must have smelled so bad. What with the pit for throwing mis-shapen babies into and the pit full of rotting persians. Not nice. :eek: :eek:

Katx
It is historically true that the babies were killed if they didnt meet the grade so to speak. I believe that new born babies were left outside in the cold for the first night of their lives. And, as in the film, they were taken away from the family at a young age to begin brutal training as a warrior. The Spartans were born and bred warriors, through and through.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
It is historically true that the babies were killed if they didnt meet the grade so to speak. I believe that new born babies were left outside in the cold for the first night of their lives. And, as in the film, they were taken away from the family at a young age to begin brutal training as a warrior. The Spartans were born and bred warriors, through and through.

Awwww :( Bless them.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
mikey601 said:
They should do the same thing with gingers today
But then there would be an army of super-strong gingers:(.

You need to think you're plan through thoroughly next time, unless you was talking about the leaving in the cold for their first night, but some babies don't have hair:p.

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
I'm unsure as to why there was a massive bottomless pit in the middle of Sparta? Presumably purpose built for pushing Persians into? :S
It was a well dude. The Athenians threw their envoys into a pit and the Spartans threw theirs into a well, taunting them when they were down at the bottom with remarks like "Dig it out for yourselves".