Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fear

CrimsonDragon

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
I got a question toward anyone who can help me out here. I got a player who has hesitation problems on the field. I have told him time and time again that if he keeps doing this he will lose every time and will never reach his full potential as a paintball player. I was wonder if anyone has any drills that I could use or anything at all I could use to help get him to react faster and help eliminate his fears when he is playing.

pb-afroman

Get him to do a run through in a casual game with few players. Doing something like that is basically suicide, and it is absolutely going to end up with you being shot. At the same time though, you will gain the mindset to say, hey, if I can do a run thru when there are all those guys out there, I can easily run 35 feet and hit the snake.

CrimsonDragon

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
The one drill that we have been trying out is to play a 3on1 on speedball course, that seems to work for us and it helps the players to learn to deal with many opponents at once. I will see if any of your suggestions work out, Thanks for the help

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
I think what you need to work on is boosting his confidence on the field letting him know that you guys are there to back him up so he can move forward, spend time walking fields so you can see ways of making runs up the field while not being seen so you can make the primary's up field without running into hails of paint.

One of our guys when he first started was very hesitant, scared of making mistakes and letting the team down but you need to let them know its ok, specially if its a front guy who needs to make a sacrifical mugging to clear a primary bunker that, thats thier job and once he gets those first few muggs under his belt his game will improve.

+ our bunker chimp has a deal with the team that if he doesn't get at least one mugging in a tourney he doesn't get fed on the way home :D you'd be surprised how much motivation that gives