Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fear

Speedyg4LS

NSPL FACTORY
Sep 25, 2003
S. Wales
i used to be scared of paint hitting me and hurting like hell. the first ever tourney i went to (a MM event @ stoke) i sat behind my bunker doing nothing because i could hear paint hitting my bunker and i figured that if i stepped out into it i would be eliminated, so i just stayed (and some one recorded the whole game and you can see me just sat their looking scared). But i went along to campaign and really everything chaged because i knew i could move (the 3second rule) so i didnt hesite i just asked for cover and moved. and all it is really is that newbies dont have alot of confidence, and once they build up their confidence they become good players (in the long run).

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Put his marker in the bunker you want him to bump to- he has to go get it. There are 2 things that provide the illusion of safety on a paintball field: a bunker and a gun. Since neither one will save you anyway, you should play without everynow and again. Keeps your game well rounded.

As a drill based on this, put a pod in each bunker. The players have to play an ordinary game, but must move frequently. I will try this tomorrow...

Also, we do a drill where the team is split randomly in half. Each half sends 2 players out at the game on. When a player gets shot, the next player in line replaces him. You stop when you're out of paint or when one side pushes all the way to where they can nail players as they enter the field. If you have enough people and paint, this can go on for hours. Everyone gets better at moving, this has fixed our back players, made 'em back-mid/inserts.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
tell him to play Jar-Jar binks at an event with 300 paintballing star wars fans.............that should cure him.

Although I do wake up screaming some nights.
Most nights.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
20 secs then move!

I could use to help get him to react faster and help eliminate his fears when he is playing.
When training, spend the last 10 minutes of your day doing this.

This works well with 5+ a team (of course no more than 10). And you need a guy/gal to marshall and blow a whistle.

Start a normal game (evidently on Sup'air) then the marshall has to blow the whistle every 20 secs. At this point you MUST move to another bunker, be it forward, to the side or backwards.

When you come out your bunker everyone is out too guns up and moving! This really gets the adrenaline pumping!

Muggings occur, close range shooting, etc. etc.

This should get rid of fears, aswell as improving movement skills, and shooting whilst moving.

Plus its dead funny!

Try it, its the ultimate game:D :D :D

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Definatly the 20 seconds game or if hes just scared of being on a feild with guns send him down to us and well let him marshall a few of the council groups we get. Hell soon realise how lucky he is to be playing and not stuck on a feild with the biggest bunch of muppets with swolen balls and bits of stone flying out of ends of barrels! :rolleyes:

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
scariest thing in paintball?

Having a player from a "youth group" show up in a stolen car chased by two police range rovers.

Or possibly the severely mentaly ill man that someone brought along (his brother) and forgot to tell anyone.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Answer is?

So the answer is.

Get out there and Marshall! Especially delinquents!

The WORST side of paintball, But you learn to deal with pain and control your adrenaline.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Yeh marshalling a good one for over aggressive people two either teach's you to be calm, patient and aware or jsut gets you shot a lot!!:p :D