Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FGP Regulator

taperunner77

Aug 8, 2001
Visit site
:confused:

I was havin problems with my gun. I have a shocktech frontend (all shocktech parts). Everything was cool, but next game, the paint was only shootin out like 30ft. Everything seemed OK so i din't know what was goin on. I started to adjust the FGP reg, and the back block would get stuck in the open position, so i lowered the pressure a lil, and it worked. But later in the day i would be firing, and the block would get stuck for a sec, and i would have to fiddle with it. I was also breaking paint, i don't think it was bein chopped, but i don't know. Can anyone help, other wise i have to take it in to Bad Boyz, and i will sound like a tard.
Thx

taperunner77

Aug 8, 2001
Visit site
No, i'm not short stroking it, and i am used to the trigger. Like i said, when i was using it, it was fine, next game, paint was rollin outta the barrel like 30ft. So i adjusted the FGP front reg, that fixed it. But later, while i was shooting the back block would get stuck open, even when i released the trigger. I think i might just have the pressure to the cocking system to high/low. Or maybe the timing, i am not sure
help would be appriciated

vantrepes

The voices say I'm normal
Jul 28, 2001
Ontario, NY
moodypaintball.site88.net
Double check the timing, and check your inline reg, that may have spiked, and caused problems. The trigger sticking sounds like the FGP is set too high. The lp reg should have nothing to do with your velocity.
Also, if you have a 98 or later body, and are using the velocity giude that threads into the body, check the o-ring around it, it may have become worn out, and the adjuster back out.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I had a similar problem with my gun, only a Sonic then a Jackhammer running it, and with the same hangups. I found that it needed oil: unscrew the hose barb to the 3 way and put in just one tiny drop of oil, a half drop if you can manage it. After doing that, most of your trouble is as mentioned in the inline reg, either too high pressure or insufficient flow. Oil it and, if you can do it competently do so, disassemble it and check all the seals and orings then reassemble. Since I previously had a Palmer reg and couldn't do so, I switched regs entirely (now running a WDP minireg) and the problem disappeared.

Good luck.

taperunner77

Aug 8, 2001
Visit site
ok, i will try what you guys told me, Thx. But do you know if there is a good web page that explains timing in depth. I don't know how to do it, and i heard if you can time it really close, then it helps reduce short stroking