Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fibre v Steel

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Similar to how at festivals you get people walking round selling beer from a tank on their back, it sounds like you could have done with a quad bike with compressor and whatever else needed. You could be touring the site offering mobile air fills.
It wouldn't work, you couldn't carry what's needed on the back of a quad, yes you could carry a compressor that's big enough but the time it would take a fill a bottle directly would be impractical and dangerous. When filling paintball bottles fast fills are to be avoided, a fast fill generates too much heat which is not good. Normally a compressor is used to fill an air bank which then feed the fill stations. A site with a decent air system may only need to run the compressor once in the morning to fill the air bank which might last all day.

Reactions: DonBossi and Tom

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
It wouldn't work, you couldn't carry what's needed on the back of a quad, yes you could carry a compressor that's big enough but the time it would take a fill a bottle directly would be impractical and dangerous. When filling paintball bottles fast fills are to be avoided, a fast fill generates too much heat which is not good. Normally a compressor is used to fill an air bank which then feed the fill stations. A site with a decent air system may only need to run the compressor once in the morning to fill the air bank which might last all day.
Well there you go. The science to put my naive newbie dreams to bed. :)

Interesting to hear how it all works.

Jacamo_056

Feb 10, 2020
Leeds
Fibre being able to be charged to 4.5k alone was the reason for me! I know its like 4+ times the cost but definitely worth it!