Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Field Paint Only means....?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Problem is, most field owners make their money off the paint. $200 for a case is normal for a group of rentals. A field owner that charges similar prices is not interested in us and our shenanigans.
Some fields pretend to be open for walk-ons, but still charge steep prices. I don't think these people see things in the big picture. They go for short term profits. Because if people have to pay a lot of money for their paint, they'll either stop 'balling (which happens too often) or they'll go someplace else.
If you charge reasonable prices, you'll make a little less money off a case, but you'll retain your customers, and you'll draw more people to this hobby. So there's no instant money, but in the long run, you should be raking in the dough.

Shame some people just don't see it that way.

The problem is that people CAN charge stupid paint prices and have a constant flow of customers through their sites.... I've worked at places that charge £125 + for a box of paint and are as full as they can be nearly every weekend of the year. While the non-paintballing public is willing to pay these prices, a lot of sites will continue to not cater for walk-ons for the simple reason that there's less money to be made from them.

K

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I'd do this...........

Hell, I'd just walk in with 2000 or so and buy maybe 200 paintballs so I wouldn't look suspicious. Or even 100 will do. The field where I play, they charge $7 for 100. That would be a money saver. :)

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
to k and Sparklie,
as you work on sites does insurance come into the equation too with walk on days? that being why some sites don't do it.
tb-303

tb-303

Appologies for not getting back to you on the paint insurance issue.

To awnser your question as fully and correctly as posible I decided to check it out properly and spoke to torribles insurers to most of uks sites so I can only quote UK information.

Official statement
If any player was shot by non feild paint and there was an incedent arrising the player responcible would be at fault and could there fore be sued and would more than likley end up bankrupt. Then the site would also be sued. I did not write down the exact wording but this is pretty much as close as it gets.

In these days of no win no cost insurance cases we all need to be very aware of all the possiblitys

The UKPSF resently made a statment concering saftey breifs and goggles which was also warning every one.

So in awnser to your question yes:)

As a responsible site with an impecable saftey record we do our very best to insure every one plays a safe fun day and is fully aware of the posibliys.

Part of that is supplying quality paint and keeping it that way.

I am really fussy about our paint just ask adrian at diablo and im sure he would pull a face;) only kidding Diablo is great.

We have never had any problems with it being too hard or any other nasties... Ihave already told you about my sherrer scars I vowed arfter that occasion to cancel a day or drive down to DD and pick up fresh paint my self rather than ever inflicting that on any one.

The problem is it takes only one irresponsilbe person to ruin things for every one
:(

Lets look at the biger picture if there was an acident or even just a real nasty take half your face off too close bunker and lets face it it does happen.

Then if the player shoting is not using feild paint then he could be at risk of being sued.

I am not saying we are all a bunch of mersanary bar---ds but it only takes one.

RED HOT

www.redhotpaintball.com
FPO

fields telling you that you cant bring your own paint for insurance reasons is utter bull****. its just a polite way of saying buy my paint because that where my profit is.

i own a site. i do special deals for walk-on and team training days.
but i also charge £120 for a box for rental customers. i'm not ripping anyone off. i need to keep improving the site, pay my staff, buy more guns and other kit, pay for advertising, rent, rates, tax, stock...the list is endless. oh and if theres anything left over would you mind if i try to make a living on it?

many people look at how much money is taken over the counter and think "these guys make a bomb" if only that were true....