Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Field Paint Only means....?

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
i was actually asking about equipment in general,ie markers and the effect they have on insurance for a site.asking if thats why a lot of sites don't do walk ons.
i do understand why paint is dearer on site.believe overheads is the medical term. i personally think bringing you own box of paint and buying a token 200 pellets is taking the piss. especially if you do this and expect, food, toilets, marshals, equipment and a good site to play on.
tb-303
the reason i say this is because i get this at my work. i get people phoning me asking how to wire up or install their equipment that they brought slightly cheaper else where. no surprise that mail order is cheaper but you don't get any usefull service. and buying a token pack or tapes doesn't qualify me go back on this and install the gear.

hi again TB

I did not realize you meant Equipment.

Our conditions are that all equipment on site meet curent UKPSF guide lines.

And yes I think a lot of sites don't want to bother with walk ons so take the expensive paint route or plain no.

What ever I do I like to do it well and hopfully inmpove things on my way.

When I was involved with handicaped kids I got the supermarkets to re think there policys,the guiness Trust's housing, Local councils and the national childerens homes NCH.

It might not be how every body sees it, but it's what I have seen in my time in the sport and if I can make it more safe, more enjoyable, more userfreindly so more people try it rather than write it off. I shall be happy and think my time well spent.

Lets face it we all know it's not cheep, that dose not mean I can't aim to give value for money.
I persomally don't mind spending on quality products. Hell I once spent £18.00 on one lip stick yes that right. Far too many years ago when I was very young and indulgent I regarly spent £10.00 on a pair of stockings.

The point is, it was some thing I really wanted and made me happy:D

I have an exceptionally high level of marshalls who get in there in the thick of it and if you need them they are there. Why should my customers have to wear dirty camo I wouldn't. So it's always clean and rinsed in comfort so fresh and smells nice. This is how I want it.

I could charge £125.00 for paint but I charge £100.00 per box I even do the maths so my guests get the best possible day for their money,rather than smirk and let them spend more than they need to.

If people think it's overtly expensive you put off all baring the die hards.

And then what make it difficult for them to get into the sport and keep over charging them?

I think not:(

Thats why we have reduced rates for juniors and students.

Walk on days with walk on prices and do every thing we can to help people who decide they like it and want to keep doing just that.

I agree totally with RED HOT Sites are not cheep any one involved will tell you that cause it's true.

It's not even keeping up with the jones it making the best of the facility each sites got and keep on going with it:(

Sites are the fourth bridge of paintball no sooner do you think you might have got it done than there's some thing else to do.

Any way I'm hanging up my soap box for the weekend now will chat not preach;)

See you all later :D

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I talked to the owner of the field where I play, and he said that if you bring in your own paint, you have to pay $15 extra. Lets say that you bring in 2000-4000 paintballs, that would be a really good deal! But does anybody go through that many balls in one day?? That would be a lot. :eek: