Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

field walking

Varley-TeamScream

Super Stylish Snap Shoota
Apr 29, 2003
Crowle
Visit site
hey, i was wondering if any body could giv me a little advice on how to walk the fields before a tournament, or more to the point how you walk the fields, as everyone has different opinions.

any feedback would b helpfull thanks :)

varley

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
ok....

relatively new to this myself but in theory it's easy!
try to locate a bunker that you see as a crucial position on the field, the one with all the angles and lots of potential for moves/runthrus if paint is thrown in the right directions. think about how you are going to get someone into that bunker and whilst someone is in then how they are going to be protected from muggins/angles etc... look for blind spots on fields as they are very useful for breakouts etc...small gaps where you can shoot lines so the runners can't see you so you have more chance of hitting them...blind spots are also useful in the game as you can put a few balls in them every now and then in order to try and make the odd freak elimination... think about lanes people will shoot and run off the break and where they are planning to go and how they can get there... once they are ther try and think about potential secondary bunkers if different things happen...you will find with time situations will occur more frequenty and you should hopefully be able to make set plays for different situations...
hope this helps...
RObin;)

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Get the team to walk the field on their own without talking to each other.

Each player then reports back to you telling you either what they want to do or suggesting a plan for the whole team.

Once you have heard them all you can then decide what to do based on their opinions and your judgment.

Tell the team your plans together and don't change your mind if one of them starts whinging.

Watch as many games on that field and change your plans according to what seems to work.

If you do change your plans make sure all your team know in plenty of time, just before 'game on' is asking for trouble.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
reasonably new to this myself but the method we used at the last mm was kinda similar to what roland said
we all had a walk about on the fields and had a look at what was where and where would be a good break point......then we worked out if the flag grab on the break was an option (it was in most cases, i took 5 of 8 all day and made the 50 on 2 of the others too) and worked on covering my move in and where we were all going to go from our break positions....then we kitted up and got shot!

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
A few pointers we use:

ALL PLAYERS MUST KNOW THEIR PRIMARY,SECONDARY AND THIRD BUNKERS. AND AT WHAT STAGE OF THE GAME THEY SHOULD BE LOOKING TO MOVE UP.

THEY MUST KNOW THE ANGLES AND DANGERS OF EACH OF THEIR BUNKERS

KEY BUNKERS SHOULD BE COVERED BY MID AND FRONT PLAYERS, SO PEOPLE KNOW WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR PLUGGING KEY GAPS

ALL PLAYERS KNOW WHICH LANE THEIR SHOOTING ON THE BREAK

A FAR AS POSSIBLE ALL PLAYERS SHOULD KNOW WHERE EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING (HELPS IF YOU WALK THE FIELD AS A TEAM)

YOUR BACK PLAYERS SHOULD KNOW WHERE THEY NEED TO BE ON THE FIELD FOR AN EFFECTIVE LOCK DOWN IF IT ALL GOES TITS UP.

Walking the fields is a discipline many teams/players over look but it's a huge contributer to success.

Hope this helps

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
ok....

Originally posted by Robinator
relatively new to this myself but in theory it's easy!
try to locate a bunker that you see as a crucial position on the field, the one with all the angles and lots of potential for moves/runthrus if paint is thrown in the right directions. think about how you are going to get someone into that bunker and whilst someone is in then how they are going to be protected from muggins/angles etc... look for blind spots on fields as they are very useful for breakouts etc...small gaps where you can shoot lines so the runners can't see you so you have more chance of hitting them...blind spots are also useful in the game as you can put a few balls in them every now and then in order to try and make the odd freak elimination... think about lanes people will shoot and run off the break and where they are planning to go and how they can get there... once they are ther try and think about potential secondary bunkers if different things happen...you will find with time situations will occur more frequenty and you should hopefully be able to make set plays for different situations...
hope this helps...
RObin;)
i hope i dont make a fool out of myself but arent blind spots, places on the field where you can sit in the open and STILL no one can see you???

jack

oh yer baby!
Dec 4, 2002
BIRMINGHAM
ok, say you have a really huge center bunker, say three stand ups together, the other team cannot see directly behind them so if you run/stand directly where they cant see, that is a blind spot...... if that makes sense.

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i think robin was reffering to a blind lane, which is effectively a blind spot, as you can shoot without being shot at, so for you to pull off a blind shot, you are technically in a blind spot

Hp

tm167

Sleep when your dead
May 5, 2002
Worcester/exeter uni
diagrams

Another thing that many teams do whilst walking the field is to draw a diagram of the field with all bunkers labeled. This is no substitue for actualy walking the field when you are there which should also be done thouroughly but it is far easier to establish overall game plans and even recognise blind spots and shooting lanes whilst looking at the field from a birdseye view on a piece of paper. Plus it lets you talk bout the field in detail in a pub which is always a bonus