Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

field walking

Xposed

Cool..i'll throw in my 2 cents on this... :) :)

First and foremost you should consider your breakout as a team. if you don't think you have at least a 60% chance of making a certain bunker as a primary, then you shouldn't try. During the breakout, locating the key bunkers is crucial. From there you can see what the lanes are that you have to run through to get to that bunker.

The team should (in my opinion) always walk the field together. Do a walkthrough and diagram the field (for off-field planning and strategizing). Take note of all the bunkers. Then (as a team) start in the breakout box...walk EACH person's primary bunker. Stop in that bunker and take a look. Things to consider are: 1) your angles from that bunker, 2) the lanes they have on you 3) what zones you can have 4) what bunker you have easy angles too, etc. With the entire team discussing this, you will find that its much faster to determine whether or not its a bunker to hit (remember 7 heads are better than 1).

Now, for each individual, know all your primary and secondary moves. From those bunkers, know all the angles you have and what lanes they have on you. Know what bunkers you can see. This will help you in that you don't have to figure things out during the game, or poking your head out to see what shots you have (I love seeing people who don't know their bunkers peek out to familiarize themselves). Its an easy elimination because chances are they won't see you during their initial peeking (they're too occupied trying to take the whole picture in...and you cannot see every bunker at once).

As a team, walking each others primary and secondary moves allows each player on the team to know where his/her teammates are without having to look around.

Now that you have your breakout figured out...its time to look at your MID-GAME Bunkers. What good is it knowing you got to your primary bunker and then have no idea where to go next. So you're sitting in your primary/secondary bunker happy as can be. You eliminated the opposing player in your field of view (because you followed my advice and learned every intimate detail of your bunker :)) . What now? You start to get bored and get ancy to move up. You quickly peak out your bunker as balls are whizzing by. If you're lucky, you're not hit. Ooh you find an empty one. You contemplate, sack up, and book it for that bunker. After a slide that would make any Major League Baseball team sign you up right away, you tuck in nice and tight...only to realize you have no clue what angles you have and what lanes there are. Every been in that position? Its sucks..it truly does. And remember someone like me will get excited when you do your "I need to see what's around this bunker" look and peek your head out to do a quick scan. Its an easy elimination!

This is where the Mid-game bunkers (as I call it) come into play. You should know where you need to be come mid-game or what bunker(s) are key. Once you determine, then start the process over by identifying angles and lanes.

If you're a mid or insert..then the process is even more demanding. Not only should you know your bunkers..but you'll need to know the bunkers of the teammates you'll fill in for should they get eliminated.

There's a lot more to this than I wrote. HOwever above are some of the basics you should keep in mind. A walkthrough that only takes 20 mintues is a formula for disaster. You and your team should take the time to know the field intimately. That's how games are won.

In short..points to remember:

1) Walk as a team
2) Know your breakout bunkers
3) Know your bunkers' lanes and angles
4) Have a mid-game bunker or two
5) Create strategies, plays, and plans after walking the field.
6) Know where your teammates primary bunkers are...

Good luck! :):D

Nudge-TeamScream

Get Off My Field! NOW!
Cheers for the advice everyone... You'll see us kicking ass at STB Elsham in 19 days and counting!!! Also me and Varley are entering the 2 man on the saturday... Were getting help for walking our fields of a friend who play's tournies, so we should be able to figure most things out... But your advice will no doubt be put to good use...

Cheers.

Nudge