The Home Of European Paintball

Fightclub!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Woody69
Calm down, thats only my opinion, I'm entitled to that arn't I?
I'm quite calm, and it's true, any idiot can have an opinion as you have so beautifully illustrated but if you want to put an opinion up here, then you gotta back it up with a sound argument and with qualification when challenged.

You wanna begin or are you just an 'opinion' much like when I used to teach some idiots maths and I might venture 2+2 = 4 and they might respond, 'Durrrrr, nah it's 5, that's my opinion and I am entitled to it' ?

Let's hear your rationale as to why 'any muppet can play XBall'and then qualify it by letting us all know the extent of your XBall experience at the top level.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by tommy-gun mk2
Ever wanted to play x-ball in the u.k.
Well 'fightclub is definatly the place to be

So if you wish to get in on this absolutely fantastic game, then contact russ 'the rulebook'. (i will get to post his link under this.) and im sure he'd be obliged to inform you of all the info needed.

I would love to take the credit for this but I just help run it, you need to get in touch with Tyler thru the PA boards or give him a call on his mobile if you know it.

Russ

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by tommy-gun mk2

the format was two 16 minute halfs, great reffin and an absolute even playing field with spectators involved and all teams using the same paint, (very good, i didnt have one break in my ego)

Just to correct one small detail,
The halfs were 25 minutes with a ten minute halftime break.
the clock did not stop and the on field game time played worked out the same as the standard format.
The rest is spot on.

Russ

T

TendringLOEB

sounds good to me, our team is expanding rapidly and this may be the kinda thing well look at

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Woody69
Nearlly.................

Played for England in the EXL, It was alright i suppose..........
:confused: :confused:

I wasnt aware that there was an England team in the EXL?:rolleyes: If there was, then neither Shock, Nexus or Tigers were informed

As for any muppet can play Xball; I disagree. From my experiences, coaching has very little effect on the game. You cant hear the crowd as they are all shouting different things, and you condition yourself to ignore them anyway. As for the coach, he can only affect the people directly in front of him, as he cant be heard from a distance.

In Xball you need far more speed, more agility, more fitness, and more skill as the game is so fast.

In the MS CPL there will be no coach on field, and the crowd will be 9m away. So coaching will be largely ineffective.

X ball requires a different style of play. The skill is in the use of fast and controlled set piece moves rather than the sneaky sneaky approach which has plagued 7man since its inception. The fast, steam roller style of game we now see in 7man is a direct result of the influence of xball.

As has been mentioned, fitness is even more important and gun skills are key. Although utilising different areas of the game overall xball requires a far greater degree of all round skill and fitness that have been missing in the 7man game.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by sjt19
:confused: :confused:
In the MS CPL there will be no coach on field, and the crowd will be 9m away. So coaching will be largely ineffective.
Do you find that any team talking is drowned by crowd coach?

In Xball do you get a chance to talk or do you just run set plays as and when are appropriate?

Nexus - Leigh

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
Indeed it was a great day out, really enjoyed it and I even got "Boooo'd" !!!

Thanks to the SoManc boys for having me play for them, it was a pleasure.

Leigh

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Nexus - Leigh
Indeed it was a great day out, really enjoyed it and I even got "Boooo'd" !!!
Sadly that does tend to happen to those of the French persuassion when they venture onto English shores......;)

Tom, the crowd noise is not as loud as you may think. But picking out individual voices is hard to do. Best thing I found was just to ignore it and focus on the point in hand. Team comms is not as vital as in 7man, as largely because of the center bunker shooting cross field is hard to do. As such Xball is much more battling with one player then shooting him out and seeking out another target. Meaning more movement and more exciting play.

I disagree with Hermitt though, as we used no set plays, and I do not think that any other EXL teams did. I know for a fact that even the Russians did not use set plays. Xball is all about frestyling, and being adaptable.