Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fill nipple issue

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
last time out paintballing i had issues. I filled the bottle 4-5 times in the morning with no issues but come the afternoon things started to go weird. i connected the bottle in the usually manner to the fill station and there was a leak between the fill nipple and the station connector almost as though it hadnt engaged properly. however the bottle was securely in place (wouldnt release from the fill station without pulling the release collar back).
is this just unlucky, or somwething to worry about/monitor?

I gave my marker to someelse to fill and they had no issues other than it became really hard to disengage from the fill station.
Is this a nipple issue of a dodgy fill station?

I always cover the fill nipple by the way with a a protector so it was clean, no oil/grease on it etc. fill nipple is in good condition with scratches etc and does not leak from the bottle end of the nipple or leak at all when not used and sat around full of air

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
The end of the fill nipple could be worn slightly,they tend to burr over and loose there shape after time and are difficult to get on to the fill station.

Was anybody else having similiar issues on the day ?

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
I didnt notice if others were. looking at the nipple it looks in perfect condition. i might just buy another brand new and wait to see what happens next time i play, and if need be swap it out

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If it's leaking between the fill station connector and your fill nipple it's most likely the o ring in the fill station connector unless the tip of your fill nipple is chewed up. The o ring's in fill station connectors quite often get blown out when people disconnect before all the pressure has been bled off.

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
If it's leaking between the fill station connector and your fill nipple it's most likely the o ring in the fill station connector unless the tip of your fill nipple is chewed up. The o ring's in fill station connectors quite often get blown out when people disconnect before all the pressure has been bled off.
That's good to hear so just carry on as normal and see how things go then?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Yes it should be fine, if it happens again tell the air operator that they need to check the o ring in the connector, those o rings do take a lot of abuse from dirty fill nipples and it only takes a little nick in one to stop it from sealing properly.