Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Filling air at a scuba shop

jo owen

Nov 12, 2003
Cardiff
Visit site
Does anyone know of a fitting avalible for purchase which allows me to fill my paintball air tank using the fittings that they would have at a typical scuba shop. I'm not talking about a fill station, because the air is already regulated, but just a simple fitting that would go on to the nipple that they have, to make it fit on the nipple on my tank.

Sorry if what im asking isnt very clear, if you want me to try again, say so.

Skeet

Platinum Member
If you have a scuba tank, it should have a DIN fitting on the main bottle valve...any other fittings on it should be removeable from this....it may be that you have a tank that is fitted with a dry valve, ie not designed to be submersed (also has 5 year test) which may have a valve, guage and nipple or whatever all fitted on......its a job to say..tho i think we use 1/4 BSP fittings or 1/8 BSP cant remember which.
What has the dive shop said? I assume your in the UK...

After re-reading...it depends what they have at the shop..you could just get a fill station, and they could use this to fill your bottle..fill stations dont regulate, they just show the preassure.

jo owen

Nov 12, 2003
Cardiff
Visit site
Yea, im the same guy who posted i before, but all anyone said is 'get a fill station'. the problem is, i need something cheaper if possible?

I have been to the scuba shop, but they dont have the right fiting to fill the tank, and the guy said if i sort out what he needs to get, then he will buy it, but £50 is a bit much since i am the first guy who has asked about it.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I posted this in the last thread.

Do you mean you want to charge the guns bottle directly from a scuba center fill station.

By the sounds of it all you need is a quick disconnect, and you can get them from planet. If they haven't got any i shall have some by the end of the week.

Reading on from this post, it seems you need a female 300 bar din socket to a quick dissconnect, which will allow you to take this adaptor to a scuba center, and they can screw their fill station into this adaptor and charge the bottle

Is this right??

Skeet

Platinum Member
Let me just clarify, that you want to be able to fill your On-Marker tank, rather than a scuba tank, right?

What preassure is your tank? Do you need 4500 psi?
If not, its either gonna be a 232bar fill station, that he will fit to one of his dive tanks to fill your bottle, or..you need to know what fitting he uses...when i had a 232 bar bottle they used to fill it with an A clamp fitting that divers use, so that wont be any good, so it must just be a hose with a snap connector...so you need a fitting that has our size snap connector, with straight fitting and then his size fill nipple the other end...find out what size fitting he uses.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Hi Skeet, how's things, If it's what i think he needs, i should be able to do it for about £25 - £30. Can't do anything until January though as everywhere is shut till then. It may be better to go for a 300 bar fitting, as he can upgrade without any further cost, and most scuba centers fill from din fittings as standard.

Tom.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
An adaptor would be a good idea, i'm preparing to manufacture some fill rigs, which are more suitable for markers. As you can imagine, for air, everything is sourced from scuba dealers, which is expensive, not any more.

jo owen

Nov 12, 2003
Cardiff
Visit site
Originally posted by Tom Allen
Do you mean you want to charge the guns bottle directly from a scuba center fill station.

By the sounds of it all you need is a quick disconnect, and you can get them from planet. If they haven't got any i shall have some by the end of the week.

Reading on from this post, it seems you need a female 300 bar din socket to a quick dissconnect, which will allow you to take this adaptor to a scuba center, and they can screw their fill station into this adaptor and charge the bottle

Is this right??
As far as i can tell, yes. Thank you.