Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Filling your bottles

Discussion in 'Air' started by Tom Allen, Mar 1, 2010.

?

Filling your bottle

1. fill the bottles yourself

126 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. have a trained person from the site filling for you

63 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. scooby_doo Born to be BUD

scooby_doo
    Message Count:
    I am good when filling as I know the history of my kit and I've been doing it for years but others sometimes make me a tad nervous. 99% of people at walkons/big games are no issue but there is always one or 2 who struggle.

I would be happy if games spent 5+ mins going over this stuff, ok so its like preaching to the converted for most but like airline safety demos if even 1 person learns something it is 5 mins well spent by all and no rocket bottles.

But if a site insisted that only a marshal could fill that would be a total ballache if there more than 20 own gunners as it would just be an exercise in queuing for the one available fill point.

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    As @BOD says, having staff do it puts the responsibility on you for unknown equipment
    Site insurance tends to restrict to site fills on the basis of the control of the filling system and use of rhe site owned & controlled cylinders

Contact the UKPSF and they provide a variety information sources for sites and will have the HPA self fill training resources, forms and 'air pass'card templates
    These were adopted a few years ago by scenario events to ensure consistency and 'confidence' in the players ability to self fill
    It's a basic familiarisation and demonstration, along with an air safety HPA1 leaflet