Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
are most places like this with rig set up like this
With air, pretty much yes

Purely punter sites may still operate co2 and you won't be doing self fills

Air systems whether by a full setup or mobile scuba cylinder have the same fittings. Most have a lever to press but may be a lever or button
The same principle applies, but ask for familiarization and you will know how the site operates

Jamie.

Feb 10, 2015
suffolk
With air, pretty much yes

Purely punter sites may still operate co2 and you won't be doing self fills

Air systems whether by a full setup or mobile scuba cylinder have the same fittings. Most have a lever to press but may be a lever or button
The same principle applies, but ask for familiarization and you will know how the site operates
oh i see thanks for the help there. I i like this self stopping system so you cant overload as long as you on the right rig for your bottle

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
oh i see thanks for the help there. I i like this self stopping system so you cant overload as long as you on the right rig for your bottle
Fill stations are regulated to a pressure, or the maximum pressure is the available output

Pressures try to equalise - eg your cylinder is at 2000psi and the source 3000psi
You may think it's going to fill to 3000, but unless the compressors going in the background the source will drop and you will get virtually 3000
If you had say 2900psi and the source has dropped down to 2800 then physics will want to equalise but your fill nipples valve will lock and no air will pass

You must check you are on the right fI'll station otherwise you may attempt to fill a 3000 cylinder on a 4500 rig
It won't know and you'll get a blown burst disk and some dirty pants

Even when on the right fill rig monitor the gauges as you fill

Reactions: Jamie. and Bolter

Jamie.

Feb 10, 2015
suffolk
Fill stations are regulated to a pressure, or the maximum pressure is the available output

Pressures try to equalise - eg your cylinder is at 2000psi and the source 3000psi
You may think it's going to fill to 3000, but unless the compressors going in the background the source will drop and you will get virtually 3000
If you had say 2900psi and the source has dropped down to 2800 then physics will want to equalise but your fill nipples valve will lock and no air will pass

You must check you are on the right fI'll station otherwise you may attempt to fill a 3000 cylinder on a 4500 rig
It won't know and you'll get a blown burst disk and some dirty pants

Even when on the right fill rig monitor the gauges as you fill
cheers for this mate it wll be a great help to me to know this and is something to keep in mind is kind of puts my mind at ease on a few things.

a 4500 is it worth getting hold of one do they make the marker anybetter

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
No affect on the gun at all, it's just the capacity of the bottle. The bottle regulator regulates the pressure down to 800psi or lower. The only difference between a 3000 and 4500 fill is you get more shots from a 4500 psi fill than a 3000 so you can carry more paint out onto the field.

Winterswrath

Aug 1, 2015
Back in the day sites would make people do a small training course and fill out a 2nd waiver to fill air you would then get a years pass to say you safe to fill, if you didn't bring it on the day you had to get some one else to fill it.

But now days its just seems to be crack on, and most of the time bottle date are not even checked which is a scary thought.

I think it was YPC but don't hold me to that

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Back in the day sites would make people do a small training course and fill out a 2nd waiver to fill air you would then get a years pass to say you safe to fill, if you didn't bring it on the day you had to get some one else to fill it.

But now days its just seems to be crack on, and most of the time bottle date are not even checked
Back around 10 years ago there were some scares with a couple of flash fill cylinder explosions, which caused a tidy up of procedures.
When I began scenario about 10 years ago cylinders were checked everywhere I went, but there was a form of tolerance that the site would not fill non compliant cylinders, but some people would bring scuba cylinders which they could fill and then self filled their paintball cylinders such as imported us dot cylinders
I thought we were easy going and that speedball were on the ball, but discovered that bottle checks were rare, under age kids were self filling etc

Following the explosions people took notice and fast fill rigs were regulated down, checks made etc

Late in 2009 the scenario event organizers put together the ukspc which included a number of basic standards and rules. If you went to a ukspc compliat event you knew the bps fps etc and to be able to self fill did a quick ukpsf air pass training session, and got your card for the year
A lot of people went through those sessions and you are less likely to see a session on site at an event but they do happen in places
I have also gone through air safety with people on request

Part of the session tells you your responsibilities - you as an individual are responsible for ensuring your cylinder is valid for the UK, in date and filled correctly

If site staff fill your bottle it then falls into hse legislation
Their employer becomes liable for ensuring there are procedures etc, and some sites will refuse to fill your cylinder at all. Either you fill it or it does not get filled at all

Lighthouse

Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys, a quick question.

Basically a friend wants to join me for a walk on and is borrowing my spare gear. Having just checked my spare air tank it's actually completely empty. I'd say I last used it about 4 months ago, didn't fill it up afterwards and any remaining air gradually seeped out.

What I want to know is if there is any risk in filling and using an air tank (3k steel tank if that makes a difference) which has been empty that long. It's still in date obviously but I'm sure somebody told me not to store them fully empty.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
No risk at all, you'll probably find it's aluminium not steel. The only reason it's recomended to store them with a little pressure in them is to keep moisture out.