Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Filming advice.

Woods

Jul 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hay,
I am going to be filming a promo for a paintball club I have just started to play with, and GoPro shots are easy, but taking on my DSLR onto the field obviously is going to end in tears, so has anyone found a solution for protecting it while filming, like a perspex box etc?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hay,
I am going to be filming a promo for a paintball club I have just started to play with, and GoPro shots are easy, but taking on my DSLR onto the field obviously is going to end in tears, so has anyone found a solution for protecting it while filming, like a perspex box etc?
You needent be worried about taking out a dslr, the body shouldn't be affected by paintball hits and there are two lines of thought with regard to being shot on the lens
Some will add a filter and sacrifice that if its hit, but others won't want a filter in the way affecting the photo and if it were to break the lens would be at more risk from a broken filter then a direct paintball hit

I recommend using a lens hood which will deflect stray paintballs and reduce the chance of a lens hit
If you want to keep the body clear then consider a rain hood

Woods

Jul 19, 2016
East Sussex
You needent be worried about taking out a dslr, the body shouldn't be affected by paintball hits and there are two lines of thought with regard to being shot on the lens
Some will add a filter and sacrifice that if its hit, but others won't want a filter in the way affecting the photo and if it were to break the lens would be at more risk from a broken filter then a direct paintball hit

I recommend using a lens hood which will deflect stray paintballs and reduce the chance of a lens hit
If you want to keep the body clear then consider a rain hood
That's good to know, I figured it would do a lot of damage, but I filter and rain hood will suffice it sounds like.

Most shots I intend to have staged so I can do steadcam stuff etc, but it will be good to have some real play also. thanks for the tip.