Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Final Xball details?

D

duffistuta

As far as I understand it mate, the NXL teams will be in Toulouse but only playing amongst themselves, and since there is no Euro conference then the US teams will also play amongst each other at Orlando, so I don't think the Euros will get the opportunity to get beaten at X-Ball cos the only X-Ball the Euros will play will be the Nations Cups.

However, I wonder if the US will be eligible for Nationms Cup X-Ball? If Dynasty, Avalanche and Strange come to Millenniums, can they put a nation's cup team in?

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Uhoh I start to scratch the skin from my face in frustration..

Quote from the mainpage (www.p8ntballer.com) :

In Orlando, in addition to the crowning of a NXL™ Champion, the top teams from the NXL™ will compete against the top European X Ball™ teams Û(!!!!!!!)to crown a “World Champion

its there you see :D

cya

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
We've been here before haven't we??

Square one I mean.

Nations Cup as X-Ball Format is a great concept and very exciting giving all self respecting players out there with any game a chance to achieve something, BUT I was under the impression that we'd moved on from that (a long f'kin time ago) and X-Ball was going to be a tournament circuit format. I know the States are the ones with the NXL league coz they can afford to, have the resources and the teams etc. but I was also under the impression that the big boys in Europe really wanted to get into it to, hence all the discussions the past few months. If we stick to Nations format rather than trying to develop the X-Ball Euro League into a workable format aren't we wasting an opportunity to learn the new format (once a year aint really gonna be enough)and compete with the best in the world and maybe be the best in the world??

If the Nations Cup is the only way it can be achieved then fair enough but surely we can get a League together. How and why is the decision of the fat cats. I bet a lot of the top Pro teams would love the chance to take some of their younger players out of their squads, recruit new talent and form an X-Ball squad that's more up to date, I bet we'd see some awesoem new teams to ignite the Euro tourney scene, look at Nexus for example, a step forward in my books.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
We've been here before haven't we??

Originally posted by Al Woods
Square one I mean.

Nations Cup as X-Ball Format is a great concept and very exciting giving all self respecting players out there with any game a chance to achieve something, BUT I was under the impression that we'd moved on from that (a long f'kin time ago) and X-Ball was going to be a tournament circuit format. I know the States are the ones with the NXL league coz they can afford to, have the resources and the teams etc. but I was also under the impression that the big boys in Europe really wanted to get into it to, hence all the discussions the past few months. If we stick to Nations format rather than trying to develop the X-Ball Euro League into a workable format aren't we wasting an opportunity to learn the new format (once a year aint really gonna be enough)and compete with the best in the world and maybe be the best in the world??

If the Nations Cup is the only way it can be achieved then fair enough but surely we can get a League together. How and why is the decision of the fat cats. I bet a lot of the top Pro teams would love the chance to take some of their younger players out of their squads, recruit new talent and form an X-Ball squad that's more up to date, I bet we'd see some awesoem new teams to ignite the Euro tourney scene, look at Nexus for example, a step forward in my books.
Al, almost every point you made is a point that escaped Sykesg (Gareth from Tigers), at least somebody who is just a player and not involved in industry or proceedings sees the bigger picture here, or rather lack of one in this instance :(

Pete

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I've always though Ryan Watson was a good player. Now he has his chance on the LA Ironmen...
:)

I wouldn't be suprised if the Philadelphia Americans (crap name :) ) end up with a few Strange on the roster but we shall see. Anyone know about the alleged falling out with Paul Alders and SP? or is that rubbish?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Does anybody else smell the stench of BS politics? I mean, we got the PSP/NXL making the teams sort of say "f**k you" to the NPPL and the Millennium Series, yet now there will be an NXL event at one of the Millennium Series. Looks to me like Laurent isn't too happy with the current Euro X-ball thing, and is trying to get a bigger piece of the pie this way (can't blame him though).

Oh well, I guess money talks and bullpooh walks.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by manike
Anyone know about the alleged falling out with Paul Alders and SP? or is that rubbish?
"Yesterday's Strange rumor looks like it came from a source who's been hitting the sauce...upon reading our update Adam Gardner commented, 'If Paul Alders isn't working for us anymore, who's the shouty guy who looks exactly like him sitting in his chair right now?' "

You might want to check p8ntballer's frontpage every now and then mate. :D