Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Final Xball details?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Hi Pete,

Originally posted by sykesg
your starting to sound twisted. I'm not sure how many times I need to say it but we would LOVE to play in an x-ball league, with who ever and where ever.
Awright, you two. We don't need anymore sniping across multiple threads. Call it a day.
Sykesg--from Pete's perspective you come across as too nonchalant in your ready acceptance of not having a go with X-Ball as he is all wound up tight as a drum over the whole business. Don't really think it's much more than that. So how 'bout you both give me the final word and move along. ;)

Pretty cool how I can talk for other people half a world away, isn't it? It is only because I am Your Humble Moder8or. :D :rolleyes:

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Well as much as I'd love to be a part of anything X-ball, I just can't help thinking that the nations cup is the wrong way to go.

I mean over the pond you've got those eight already awesome Pro teams who are now going to do nothing but play and train X-ball. I mean they ain't probably even gonna go near normal ball.

Then over here in good old Europe were going to have a few nations teams made up of what will probably be great players, but who will only play X-ball at Millennium events and probably never practice together (well maybe once or twice? Bet the Yanks are doing it like three times a week!). Then I'm guessing that they'll also be playing the normal Millennium events with their regular teams (I think?), and we actually think were gonna compete at a world X-ball cup! You gotta be frikin kidding me!

The Yanks are gonna ripp us big time and I think the boat already left about a month ago. Us Euro's are going to be kickin ourselves very very soon.

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Buddha - yeah, I'm sitting on the other side of the world looking at all of this ... laughing quietly to myself ... and the one thing that sticks out like dogballs is NXL in Toulouse. Is that the bone to keep Millennium quiet?

Enquiring minds what to know.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Could well be, but if you really want to go paranoid (enter Baca Loco), you could aslo say that some of th PSP people said "F that, not on my tourney!" (for whatever reason).
I can understand the reasoning of Laurent saying yes, but to me it just seems like a big boot in the hurtie bits. For god's sake, they say their players can't do Mill, but they do send them over.
For some reason I can't remember if they are or are not allowed to play PSP (10 man/5 man), but if they are, then it's just the biggest frikkin' insult they could make. Kind of like beating someone's ass in his own home.

Maybe I'm weird for feeling like this, I don't know.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think the truth of the matter is more like, the proposed playing of NXL teams in Toulouse isn't meant as a bone to appease the Millennium, it's the other way round.
The vast majority of the American players love coming over here, and here I am talking specifically about the players involved in X-Ball, Stateside.
At that stormy meeting in Chicago a few weeks back, it was made very clear that the NXL players wanted to continue playing over here.
Since the Millennium board in their infinite wisdom, decided to ignore common sense and refuse to set up an integrated X-Ball league, the players Stateside immediately realised they could not come over and play in Europe and were obviously pissed off.
Basically the proposed integrated World league had two Yank teams making the trip for every Millennium X-Ball that was to run.
As far as the American players were concerned this was cool by them but with the advent of the Millennium Board's refusal to adopt an integrated X-ball league over here, this opportunity for travel to Europe was now dead and buried.
The only avenue open for the Yank players to come over was now to play the Millennium 7 Man but even this was blocked by the PSP who then went on to contractually ban these NXL players from playing not only the Super 7's in the US but also the Millennium over here.
Now the players were not alone in this, Richmond also desperately wanted a European connection and there had to be some way to appease the players as they were now getting really pissed off at being told what to do, when to do it and so on.

In my opinion, the Yanks don't really care that much about us now after we have decided to ditch the proposed integrated World league, the only reason these teams are coming over is to appease their players not our promoters.
Not only that, the Millennium board have to keep an eye firmly on the start of the 2004 season when the franchise agreements for X-Ball will be come available and any proposed TV deals will become negotiable, they had to appease the Yanks in some way by having some form of X-Ball running and to also host a European leg of the NXL albeit completely devoid of Euro teams.
In my opinion, this was done to keep the X-Ball option open so as to maximise the European X-Ball owners earning potetinial with regard to franchise sales and US TV rights.
I mean, just how much more valubale is a franchise come the end of this season if we got TV knocking on the door ?
Some people might now begn to understand maybe why things went the way they did, all the clues are there now.

[sarcasm] I mean, let’s keep the Yanks happy, the players and the PSP and so on, let's put on an X-Ball show just for them that has no European involvement whatsoever, Whoo Hoo !!!!!...... but hold on a minute, shouldn’t we be trying to look after us Euros first [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

It remains to be seen whether or not this Euro leg of the NXL comes off and if it does, where do you think they will play in Toulouse?
I mean, if they end up being given a field in the Stadium, how bad is that?
I mean, think about it, all players like to give it the Billy Big'un in front of the crowds.
Every player from every team gets a chance to grandstand and if the Yank X-Ball took up one of the centre fields, well, I will leave you guys to think about the sense in that.
The Millennium board wouldn't do that would they ?

FFS, how did we get in this position ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Robbo

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Phew

Thank god for that, and there's me thinking we had a perfectly good chance to grow and be a part of something seriously awesome but f'kin wrecked it by a bunch of dickless stubborn idiots. Thank god that never happened eh.

You gotta love the way we do things over here haven't you?

I never wanted to play all the top teams in the world anyway, or meet the guys you look up to and emulate or get the chance to learn new tricks as they happen right there in front of you.

Down, down, down we go, we are again, a little island.