The Home Of European Paintball

Finance

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul Collier
So, so true. From what I can work out so far the guy who rented my house before me has buggered off with the following;

£14,000 Barclay Card,
£10,000 Nationwide Card,
£10,000 Egg card,
£10,000 SMile Card.
:eek:

Paul
:)
Hmmm, so selling Vikings paid for the shinny new M3 you had at training the other week, course it was Stuart, errr I mean Paul. ;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by stongle
Hmmm, so selling Vikings paid for the shinny new M3 you had at training the other week, course it was Stuart, errr I mean Paul. ;)
lol!

Funnily enough about a week after I moved a new V5 turned up. I wonder where he's gone in his new motor....

Paul
:)

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
OK, so why bring this up, well since Paintballers share a common interest, and the PA already exists as a de-facto organisation it could be (pending regulator approval), possible and entirely legal to set-up a Paintballers Bank. It would benefit those ballers with cash to save by paying preferential interest rates, and those wishing to borrow through lower credit charges, life insurance etc etc etc. Loan approval is a kinda committee affair, but I think you can see how this could be used for Paintball to finance Paintball. (Say someone wants to borrow to buy a sup-air field etc)
Hmmm, I wonder where you're going with this................................

Surprisingly not difficult to set-up either.........(ok what I explained is highly basic but the theory is there, well it's been a while since my last regulatory exams but I'm 99% sure I'm good). Just in case Hatts & Gillie want to take on anything else ;)
Ok, so you're saying that Anyone could do this.........................

Just a thought, but what do I know anyway, a little free financial advice brought to you by P8ntballer.com.
Riiiight, admit it Dude, you lost $300Million at work again and need another job before you get sacked!:p :D :D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by MrPink
Riiiight, admit it Dude, you lost $300Million at work again and need another job before you get sacked!:p :D :D
Never lost anything. Merely missplaced over the week-end.

I mean you can't exactly lose $300 Million down the back of the sofa can you.

Just felt like a serious post for once.

Loki *Uk*

Aug 12, 2003
Bolton. Lancs
Visit site
I think its a valid point

Tom Tom I believe has a point, I mean I bought a new 36inch widescreen tv, dvd, and VCR and got this from Dixons, I got it on buy now pay 12 months time. This item was £1200 which roughly equates to a Nexus eblade, and was financed thru I think Lombard but could be wrong. In the end the finance company takes the risk not the Paintball store.

I know that If i owned my store it would be one of the 1st things I would do and offer as I know I would get loads of business.

I know pc manufacturers offer finance and lets face it the accepted resell value of a top of the range PC after 3 years is 5% of the original value, I think a Nexus eblade, or DM4 will be worth more than £50 after 3 years.

Just my 2p worth.

Andy

*Edit - As for credit cards well they are handy but I prefer to keep mine as an emergency backup, you never know when your washing machine/fridge freezer is going to bugger up.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Yep, but HP agreements are a more expensive form of finance. The list price of the Nexus might be £1248 now, but over three years it would actually cost you in the region of 1500-1600 quid.

Still it's up to the individual.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Yep, but HP agreements are a more expensive form of finance. The list price of the Nexus might be £1248 now, but over three years it would actually cost you in the region of 1500-1600 quid.

Still it's up to the individual.
You are better saving that much a month and then just buy outright the marker you want, (cause lets face it by the time you have saved for it you know the newest toy it out but at the same kinda price)

You then have no finance worries or credit cards
But it does not stick with the I want it now thinking

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
You will find that the rules governing credit unions have been changed and their scope has been widened.
You also will find that your first loan will be limited to £200 after that ie paid off, then you will be able to borrow upto 4 x your savings.