Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fine tuning an Ion

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
No reason why they should. The detents will be worn down quicker by the bolt if you have a qev in, the front bumper oring also will get shredded and create a leak eventually.

I used a qev in mine, but not any more, having worked on a fair few Ions the common cause is often down to a qev.

The NDZ detents are very good, having to tape them in can be a pain as duct tape didnt like sticking to the dust anno, but for £7 from skeet, no complaints :)

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
The trick is to drop your dwell as much as possible (start as stock, then drop it down 2 flashes at a time, note the dwell and either adjust your recharge using a PACT chrono for max BPS (or 15, depends on what gun rules you play by) or by using this handy guide: http://www.zdspb.com/tech/ion/electronics.html - go to the "setting the recharge rate" section.
How do i know if i've turned the dwell down too far?
Do i leave the recharge setting alone until i've got my dwell at the lowest the marker will fire, then use that handy link to set the desired BPS?

What will this do?

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I was once told (especially regarding the dwell) If you dont know what it does, dont touch it.

As far as i know the only setting you need to play with on the ion is ROF up and down, depending on wether you are using semi or ramping. :confused:

Skeet

Platinum Member
AFAIK...the standard dwell setting on an ION is 52 "Beeps" or flashes of the led...each bleep is 1/4 of 1 dwell unit...so, a setting of 13 (52/4+13)...if you lower your dwell, you may have to raise your input pressure...the best thing is a balance of teh two...lower your dwell too far, will cause drop off or worse...

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
I think the dwell is set at about 4 without any beeps, so with 52 I 'think' it goes up to 17.
But it doesnt matter anyway, all ions will work differently and will have maximum and minimum values that the pressure and dwell can be set at, its just a matter of playing with yours ;) and finding that sweet spot.

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
I was once told (especially regarding the dwell) If you dont know what it does, dont touch it.
I was also told not to touch it but thats not possible for me. What have we got to lose? if we mess it up we can set it back to 52 bleeps from bottom :D

I think my ROF is set at 41 ish bleeps from bottom? does that sound about right?