Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fine tuning an Ion

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Only if you want it capped at a lower rof. that would be sensible if you had a revvy on it or something which wont keep up.
If you have a reloader/halo or egg, get that rof down to zero so you can shoot faster ;)

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
simplest thing to do would be to leave the dwell at 52 and put recharge down to zero. you'll shoot 17 without drop off.

now if you want to fine tune it, you can use the calculator and decrease the dwell bit by bit, making sure at high rof you dont get drop off.

One thing to notice, if you have a dwell of 52, you can set the rof to 17 by having the recharge from about 0 up to a certain value, cant remember off my head. which means that you can already put the dwell down and still find you'll get 17 bps.

Ive never looked into it, but its probably what the tigers do with their kit

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
It wouldnt damage it at all.
It'll take a bit of paint and air to tune it, but if you know what you're doing and can spot when you've gone too far, it shouldnt be too hard.

bulldog2k

good advice Mike

One disagreement - when the bolt bumper o ring shreds, it won't cause a leak, just excessive wear and tear. It doesn't seal anything.

Also, the QEV argument continues to rage, and probably will re-surface all over again when the new boards come out ;)