Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fingers falling off

Bedane

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2004
Jersey
its funny these things are flying around now (the trigger working games), ive just created one on delphi as well, can do short five second bursts ten and twenty seconds, lol o well doesnt look like i can sell it now lol

JAck

Micah

Originally posted by Bolter
Playing Daley Thompson Decathlon helped me out no end.
Why is it only 6 events? :confused:

I think the old tapping a pen between your fingers is a good one, but really after like 7 or 8 bps coming at me, I can't tell the difference. But if I can hear that it's WAY faster, I know (s)he is going to have to pot up sooner ... :D

The only time High ROF comes into play is off the break when you're laning and even then it's arguable how much of a difference it really makes. Especially if it throws off your aim. You could shoot 100 bps at me but if you're shooting the next field over, I'm going to make my primary 100% of the time (well not 100% I seem to find my way on to teams where the back players shoot out our front players more than the other teams, but that's another story)

Conversely, some of the best people at laning I know are *good* stock players shooting all of 2 bps on a good day. You really just need to put one ball where the guy is gonna be and have it meet him there.

It's a lot easier to aim when you're not beating the hell out of the trigger. Now that's not to say that with practice you can't shoot 2100 bps on target with a whole other team shooting at you. But you need to work up to that.

I feel that accuracy drills should take precedence over ROF drills. But since you can't really shoot your gun in the house or while at the office. Those are good times to work on finger speed.

*summary - Since this turned into a novella*

-You can put someone in with one or to shots just as well as 20

-It only takes one paintball to send someone to the dead box (well, in theory)

-Shooting slow is cheaper

-I feel that Texas is a pretty lame State. New Mexico too. And really all of the south. Parts of Florida and Louisiana are nice though. I'm sure there are other exceptions as well.

-What was I saying?

you're not going to be hitting anything if your using that 3 finger tap. sure you can shoot lots of paint out of your angels when your at home in the garden. but when your on the field you've got no stability in your gun, using the ends of your fingers means that you only have your front hand and shoulder supporting the marker, very poor accuracy.

Make sure your fingers are actually around the trigger and then the walking begins. You also have a much better grip on the gun and you can make the balls count. When you have your fingers around the trigger as well, and your wrist in, you're much less likely to get shot in the hand or arm. just common sense.

And i agree with some parts of the accuracy over rate of fire, but if you keep a constant stream on someone, and can reload while keeping a slow tap on the triggers, they're goin to get bored and stick ther head out eventually. Always happens, especially with novice teams. People get bored and want to have a look :p

Dave.

yeh..... :s ok juz...

compared to mr 'please come and play center dave, i need all the help i can get up there'. mr 'i shot 3 of them out, yes juz.. but they were already standing in the dead zone' mr.. 'my gun does 13 balls a second before my fingers even touch the trigger... i can however get 9 when i'm walking it though :eek:'

;)

ps.. i can hit you.. and i wil on sunday.. a lot :D

benp85

Buff Movement
May 8, 2005
Herts, UK
www.buffmovement.com
oh come on you two, youre both crap and i shot the shizzle out of ya both on sun. mr 10bps juz and lil bitch 4bps davey!

do agree with dave that the 3 finger tap isn't a good plan as accuracy is just as important as rof if not more so. what use is 25bps if you are shooting the floor and the sky with 23 of them.
get ureself a nice ramping gun :D and then concentrate on the accuracy in practice