Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Big Game, what goes on (PF vs NvS)

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
hi ppl.
i want to go to my 1st big game event, i am torn between 2 NvS & Paintfest but i can only do one this year. i have a friend who might be going paintfest but i want to NvS to look around (non player) but its time to take part in one of these...

now for the question. what i'm after is the differences between the 2
What games go on through the event and what are they like for each event (PF vs NvS)
What are the party's and extras like.
Whats the atmosphere like? (i found with car shows some shows are friendlier than others)

Thanks

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
Well I can't really give you a good comparison between the two, but I have been to the 2014 NvS and I can guarantee you'll love it. I found the Friday night game very intense having to avoide the patrols to reach the next checkpoint when you can hardly see over 1 meter. The Saturday and Sunday game are also brilliant, it's about a 4 hours long game, you fight for control of certain important locations to gain points for the faction you're on. There is the Saturday night party, but unfortunately I didn't go, other than that there was fireworks and all sorts on the night as well some proper drama between two lads fighting over nothing lol. Food wise, there was the burger stall they sell all range of foods from chips, burgers and hotdogs etc and the coffee shop was brilliant, especially their cappuccino :D. Overall I'd say NvS is definitely the best scenario event, I may be biased so people who went to PF could weight in with their opinions if Im wrong. Hope this helps:)

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
they are both great events NvS is on such a big scale you will never be stuck to do and my personal favourite food vender has to be the Texan smoke house, im always at big game as staff (although I did get to get on the night game last year) but also think paintfest is a great event a little smaller and I think they could do with a bar open all weekend not just the free bar sat night but its getting better and better every year

David neilson

Sep 12, 2013
if its your first big event then i would say NvS just for the sheer scale and out right madness is a great way to kick your events off, i have done both and loved both just as much but with doing NvS first it gave me the hunger to do more of the big events, some struggle with the walking at NvS as its huge but i believe they have reduced the big game map size which should make the walking easier but the fighting more crazed and intense

Dantm247

Mmmmm. Fattening...
Mar 12, 2013
South Wales UK
Having done NvS once, the atmosphere was incredible! We were camping and ended up just merging with the groups around us chilling, drinking and chatting. I only did the main big game and it is a brilliant experience! There was a guy with a kilt running around and loads of crazy stuff happening but the shear scale of everything and the amount of paint and pyro that flies is like nothing else. I haven't been to PF but I can definitely recommend NvS. The trade fair is pretty massive too and all the vendors are really friendly.

Stigo

Feb 18, 2015
NvS is an awesome event. I have marshalled the last 3-4 years and played one of them, every year it just gets bigger and better. I am hoping to be playing again this year but I can advise it to anyone who wants to goto an excellent party weekend where everyone is as friendly towards each other.