Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker Advice

Hyperen

Jun 9, 2008
Hi all,

I have recently got into this sport and am now thinking about buying my own marker. I have only played woodsball and am not that interested in speedball. After having a look around the marker I am thinking about getting is the BT-4 Delta. I'm not sure if I could stretch to the Delta Elite as it is quite pricey at £240.

I have a few questions:

Is the BT-4 Delta easy to maintain?
Would it be much of an improvement over the site Tippmann 98s?
Do you think it is worth saving up for the Elite?
Also what would I need to set up a remote line?

Captain-Hi-Top

"Impetus"
Jan 29, 2008
Coventry Bled!
Hi there, welcome to the forums :),
To start with the BT-4 is a great gun for woodsball, i found them very similar to the tippmann a5's, most paintball markers need the same amount of tlc and will generally need a good clean and lube after every day of use preferably, this will stop any parts from wearing that can be expensive to fix, the BT-4's strip quite easily so are very easy to maintain.
yes, it is better than the site 98's, although even a 98 has plenty of extras you can bolt onto it to make it shoot as well as most good markers, same as the BT-4, upgrades are plentifull, before you know it you'll be pimping out any marker you buy in no time, were all guilty of that.
Now i cant say whether its worth you saving up for the elite or not, it depends on how frequently you want to play/can afford to play, getting a standard gun is good, you will be able to work out exactly what up's you need to get it shooting how you would like, it might only take a new barrel which could be cheaper than buying the elite.
And you dont need anything to set up a remote line, just the remote line itself, it screws into the back of the marker where your air/co2 screws in, and the other end onto your bottle, all the fittings are universal but you will need different adaptos depending on if your shooting with compressed air or a co2 bottle, air is best.

hope this helps a bit.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I guess it all depends if you are going woodballing for scenario games or woodball tournaments and general walkons.

If you want a paintball gun to look like an m16 or ak47 then, if you can afford it, buy one already dressed up as its cheaper in the long run.
if you don't want a scenario gun then even in the woods a tipmann or bt-4 will get out gunned by an SLG or Ion for the same price.

http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/TIPPMANN_X7_PACK.html
http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/PROTO_SLG_PACK.html
http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/SP_06_07_ION_PACK.html

monster.uk.

Fusion Pirate
Apr 12, 2008
Have you held the marker before? Would be worth while asking someone if you could try there full kit on, and spend 20mins running, hiding, crouching etc To see what it's like.

XXCRABXPEOPLEXX

My hair iz spikey!
Apr 12, 2008
Far Far away
dont get a bt or a tippman trust me................... they are very easy to maintain and theyre reliable but the problem is they are nothing special/ sure they are customiseable and georgeous but for the same money you could get something lighter/better made/faster and they just are better .........tippmans and bts are used often as site guns so youll have nothing better then someone who rents