Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker Help?

Speedy_reece

Nov 11, 2015
I've been going to my local games for a bit now and I'm thinking of investing in my first marker and could do with some advice. From speaking to people at events I think I've narrowed it down a little.

I'm settled on buying second hand to try and keep costs down and I'm hoping not to spend too much over £200-230 if I can help it for marker, tank and hopper. Thinking all three in one deal to save 3 lots of payments, postages, trips to post office, etc.

From advice I've had so far, I'm looking at the following:
Etha
Etek 4
Axe
Mini GS.

Can anyone recommend what they think would be best or if there are any others that should be on that list please?

Also, with Christmas coming up is the buying marked likely to be better in January after everyone's had shinny new toys? I know that happens with a lot of other sports.

Thanks!!!!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've been going to my local games for a bit now and I'm thinking of investing in my first marker and could do with some advice. From speaking to people at events I think I've narrowed it down a little.

I'm settled on buying second hand to try and keep costs down and I'm hoping not to spend too much over £200-230 if I can help it for marker, tank and hopper. Thinking all three in one deal to save 3 lots of payments, postages, trips to post office, etc.

From advice I've had so far, I'm looking at the following:
Etha
Etek 4
Axe
Mini GS.

Can anyone recommend what they think would be best or if there are any others that should be on that list please?

Also, with Christmas coming up is the buying marked likely to be better in January after everyone's had shinny new toys? I know that happens with a lot of other sports.

Thanks!!!!
Be unambitious with the air and hopper:

3000psi new air cylinder is £30 or £40
4500psi new £150 or £80 second hand
Be aware of the next test date / final expiry if buying scone hand air as the half price £80 may or may not turn out to be a bargain

A second hand halo too will keep up with any gun, otherwise a rotor or spire are more desireable but will be about £80+

A 3000psi new and a halo second hand will keep most of your budget free for a gun

(We assume then that you have decent goggles)

The guns you mentioned will all do the job, a package deal can make your money go further but don't allow convenience to cut your choice

Keep using the forum and get a few posts in, whilst doing so watch the classifieds and see what comes and goes until you get your access privileges

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Regarding timing there will be sales in the lead up to Christmas as people end their playing season and have to spend buying presents and partying

Come the new year there will be second hand guns for sale but people won't necessarily be pushing cheap prices for quick sales unless they then can't afford to play after Xmas and need cash for paint

Speedy_reece

Nov 11, 2015
Thanks for that Tom, I'll keep my eye out on the run up to christmas. looks like if I allow 70-80 for the tank and hopper then that should leave me about 140 for a marker.
I haven't sorted goggles yet but I'm thinking £40 will hopefully get me a decent second hand pair :)

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
As for mask, try before you buy. Find those that you find comfy and will be able to wear/play in all day. It does not matter how much they cost (£40 or £140) it just matters how comfy they are. This is where your local shop comes in handy, they should let you try various ones on and then you can pick whats best for you. Something you can't do online.

Find a local team, shop etc and ask for advice from the shop, players.

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
I know it seems completely unfashionable to buy a 3k psi air system but the saving is significant 30-40 quid brand new instead of 80 on a second hand 4.5 k system? Starting off in paintball I never shot enough to get through all my air (and they didn't have 4.5k tanks then) so I'd suggest you might not either.

An extra 40 quid onto a marker when bought second hand can give you some real changes in choice.

The four markers you listed are all great - as always - when properly looked after. The mini GS as the name suggests is a very compact frame and while some love it because of that some find it a bit restrictive.

Fenix_Sweden

Long time baller
Nov 7, 2015
Halmstad, Sweden
Its down to personal flavour, all markers you listed works well in most situations. Axe is a bit better if you have bigger hands while mini is abit smaller.

Keith obray

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2015
Be unambitious with the air and hopper:

3000psi new air cylinder is £30 or £40
4500psi new £150 or £80 second hand
Be aware of the next test date / final expiry if buying scone hand air as the half price £80 may or may not turn out to be a bargain

A second hand halo too will keep up with any gun, otherwise a rotor or spire are more desireable but will be about £80+

A 3000psi new and a halo second hand will keep most of your budget free for a gun

(We assume then that you have decent goggles)

The guns you mentioned will all do the job, a package deal can make your money go further but don't allow convenience to cut your choice

Keep using the forum and get a few posts in, whilst doing so watch the classifieds and see what comes and goes until you get your access privileges
whats a good set up for a 12 year old